What is your favorite sin?

28 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

When I was studying for my big exam a few years ago I used to drink 375ml about 4 times a week to cope with the stress. That lasted from May to August. It didn't help that I had literally nothing to do from mid May thru the 2nd week in July besides study and be nervous. After that I had to teach for a month before the exam. Took awhile to not have an alcohol problem after that. But I passed the exam. That's the important part. My favorite's sailor jerry. I like the picture on the bottle. Actually, now that I see it up close she's not wearing a lot of clothes. Oh well.

Anyhow, when I saw this topic my immediate thought was pre-marital sex, which Landlord has already posted. Growing up Christian I learned all about not having sex until I was married. So I never had sex as a teenager. I came to my senses eventually. Looking back I feel a little bad for my first boyfriend. I told him the deal but I don't think he believed me. He still tried but he managed to not be a jerk about it.

I tried Sailor Jerry and it's just too sweet for me.  Don't get me wrong, I'd drink it if there were no other options.  My favorite though is Captain Morgan.  However, Admiral Nelson is almost as good but for about half the price.

As far as sex goes, the only way I'm ever getting any is if I'm paying for it by the hour.  I've pretty much given up on even trying.  :lol:

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

When I was studying for my big exam a few years ago I used to drink 375ml about 4 times a week to cope with the stress. That lasted from May to August. It didn't help that I had literally nothing to do from mid May thru the 2nd week in July besides study and be nervous. After that I had to teach for a month before the exam. Took awhile to not have an alcohol problem after that. But I passed the exam. That's the important part. My favorite's sailor jerry. I like the picture on the bottle. Actually, now that I see it up close she's not wearing a lot of clothes. Oh well.

Anyhow, when I saw this topic my immediate thought was pre-marital sex, which Landlord has already posted. Growing up Christian I learned all about not having sex until I was married. So I never had sex as a teenager. I came to my senses eventually. Looking back I feel a little bad for my first boyfriend. I told him the deal but I don't think he believed me. He still tried but he managed to not be a jerk about it.

Sailor Jerry is kicking it up a notch too. It’s Higher proof than Captain Morgan,  I have to be careful with that stuff. 

I was raised same the same way , and got married young with no experience . All of my other experiences were post marital 20 years later . I guess I did it backwards . Lol

The premarital sex thing probably gets a lot of us, especially Christians. I was there when I was 18 and moved to college. First girl I dated in Lincoln turned out to be a stripper, but I stayed chaste.  Drank a metric asston with that girl, but didn't fool around. Broke up with her, met another girl who was amazing, glowed bright as the rising sun, and all that chasteness went right out the window. Don't feel the least bit guilty about it, either.

• Plus1 1

Cotton-polyester shirts are my secret sin.

"Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material."
 - Leviticus 19:19

• Plus1 2

I eat shellfish, which is a sin punishable by eternal damnation according to the Bible. 

Leviticus 11:11-12:

11...and they shall be abhorrent to you; you may not eat of their flesh, and their carcasses you shall detest.

12 Whatever in the water does not have fins and scales is abhorrent to you.

Thankfully, my hooker and blow obsession doesn't condemn me to hell, so if I can give up shellfish, I'll be okay. 

• Plus1 3

I must confess, I do love me some figs as well.

"Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, 'May you never bear fruit again!' Immediately the tree withered."

- Matthew 21:19

"He struck down their vines and fig trees and shattered the trees of their country."

- Psalm 105:33

hqdefault.jpg

(I wonder if the bible says anything about figging...)

Edited by Toe
  • Plus1 1
  • 10 months later...