RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

35 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Grayson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Good for him...I would take visits until I was 100% sure.  I would treat recruiting like I treated Tinder...

41 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Sorry I disagree. If he wanted to enjoy it then wait to commit. I’m fine with kids doing their thing- but if you want to commit then act like your committed 

So...would you do the same with jobs?  Take the first job you were offered and never leave for another job?

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Good for him...I would take visits until I was 100% sure.  I would treat recruiting like I treated Tinder...

So...would you do the same with jobs?  Take the first job you were offered and never leave for another job?

I don't see how that's an apt comparison. By taking a job you aren't agreeing to never go for another job. If you leave the job you are expected to give proper notice, that's it. 

A more apt comparison would be a marriage proposal. You aren't supposed to accept the proposal then play the field while deciding if this is really what you want to do.

Folks aren't questioning going through the recruiting process, he should do what he feels he needs to do.  But what he's doing isn't showing commitment, it's showing that he likes us and wants a spot held.  Maybe he ends-up a husker but we certainly have to keep recruiting said spot. 

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, Danimal said:

I don't see how that's an apt comparison. By taking a job you aren't agreeing to never go for another job. If you leave the job you are expected to give proper notice, that's it. 

A more apt comparison would be a marriage proposal. You aren't supposed to accept the proposal then play the field while deciding if this is really what you want to do.

Folks aren't questioning going through the recruiting process, he should do what he feels he needs to do.  But what he's doing isn't showing commitment, it's showing that he likes us and wants a spot held.  Maybe he ends-up a husker but we certainly have to keep recruiting said spot. 

Agreeing to play football for a school doesn't mean you are agreeing to never play for another school either.

Look, if you kid got a full ride for academics to Lame State...and a month later Harvard and MIT offer your kid a full ride for academics are you okay with your kid changing his/her mind?  Of course you are...

55 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Agreeing to play football for a school doesn't mean you are agreeing to never play for another school either.

Look, if you kid got a full ride for academics to Lame State...and a month later Harvard and MIT offer your kid a full ride for academics are you okay with your kid changing his/her mind?  Of course you are...

So in this comparison, Nebraska = Lame State?

:o I question your fandom. :o

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Look, for me its just another example of a growing mindset in our country of "hey, do what you want- get yours and who cares about anyone else". It goes against the culture Frost is trying to build, team first- loyalty- honesty- integrity- work hard and put the team first etc. Thats why he says dont commit unless you are done looking around. He values what a commitment means- so he politely requests kids dont commit unless they mean. 

I see no harm in being offended if they dont honor that request.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Look, for me its just another example of a growing mindset in our country of "hey, do what you want- get yours and who cares about anyone else". It goes against the culture Frost is trying to build, team first- loyalty- honesty- integrity- work hard and put the team first etc. Thats why he says dont commit unless you are done looking around. He values what a commitment means- so he politely requests kids dont commit unless they mean. 

Okay

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

That is perfectly fine to have that opinion, but let's remember that this board made fun of Iowa for backing out of a commitment to a kid when they took another visit just a year or two ago.

Shoe is on the other foot now. 

18 hours ago, teachercd said:

There is a difference between an offer you almost can't refuse falling into your lap and a recruit wanting to play the field to figure-out who he likes best. If he doesn't know what he wants to do that's fine, he should take his visits, but that means we have to consider his commitment quite soft and keep recruiting that spot. I'm not coming down on the kid, I'm saying we can't just passively hold a spot and let ourselves be left holding the bag. 

4 hours ago, Danimal said:

There is a difference between an offer you almost can't refuse falling into your lap and a recruit wanting to play the field to figure-out who he likes best. If he doesn't know what he wants to do that's fine, he should take his visits, but that means we have to consider his commitment quite soft and keep recruiting that spot. I'm not coming down on the kid, I'm saying we can't just passively hold a spot and let ourselves be left holding the bag. 

I agree...I also think that if Frost finds a better player he should take that better player.  Both sides should always be looking out for themselves.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Thomas Grayson [Kansas State - Signed LOI]