New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

I was so pissed at that game, I almost ran on the field to hit someone because nobody in a Husker uniform would... My blood pressure is too high right now, get me a beer.

The last time I really got pissed at a Nebraska game was @ Wisconsin 2016. I felt like we had a chance. Then of course the next week we got hit in the jugular. Before that, I really got angry and fired up for the '09 one second fiasco in the CCG. I've tempered expectations a bit since then. Guess I became apathetic and lost faith in the leadership at DONU.

I haven't felt electricity like this in a long time. So, I think Osborne is spot on that had we not hired Frost, the sellout streak would be in serious jeopardy if not over with this season. The enthusiasm for Nebraska football is insane this year.

Just thinking out loud to myself. I hope that the AD keeps the new 'tradition' of Let Me Clear My Throat. It's such a good addition to Husker sports and it would be a shame if they moved past it because of an association with Riley. Also, if they were to ever for real change the Tunnel Walk, I wouldn't mind them just changing it to that song. Move away from the overly dramatic and serious (no pun intended) intensity to something energetic, bouncy, and fun. People would rather jump/dance than clap, and would be more easily energized that way imo.

6 hours ago, Landlord said:

Just thinking out loud to myself. I hope that the AD keeps the new 'tradition' of Let Me Clear My Throat. It's such a good addition to Husker sports and it would be a shame if they moved past it because of an association with Riley. Also, if they were to ever for real change the Tunnel Walk, I wouldn't mind them just changing it to that song. Move away from the overly dramatic and serious (no pun intended) intensity to something energetic, bouncy, and fun. People would rather jump/dance than clap, and would be more easily energized that way imo.

I think let me clear my throat started near the end of Bo's tenure. Do they still play it every 4th quarter? I thought they didn't do it a game or two the last couple years. Either way they should keep it. I added it to my workout music because it gets me loose thinking about knocking off MSU and Oregon.

Soon, sooooon....

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I think let me clear my throat started near the end of Bo's tenure. Do they still play it every 4th quarter? I thought they didn't do it a game or two the last couple years. Either way they should keep it. I added it to my workout music because it gets me loose thinking about knocking off MSU and Oregon.

Soon, sooooon....

I don’t think there was ever a standard that they play this song every game or that it was at a certain time. Every time I’ve noticed it, it was after a big turning point in the game or at the end of a close game we won. So when we were getting our asses beat it wasn’t played at all. 

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I thought when they first played it, it was the 4th quarter jam during the media break. 

I don’t remember that far back so you could be right.

I just know when we went ahead against Wisconsin whichever year they played it (the one we lost on the FG). Then they played it right after MSU game ended. They played it whenever against Oregon. They played it after the Arkansas State game was over.

It could be they played it more than once. I kinda like having it as something people wait for. But I guess there are only certain times where there is enough time to play it. 

2 hours ago, ZRod said:

I thought when they first played it, it was the 4th quarter jam during the media break. 

You're right. First year we did it was 2012, because our players/student section were envious of Wisconsin's Jump Around. But they really fudged up the execution of the whole thing, having the band start it and then transitioning into the song at a weird BPM. It just never really took hold. Then we didn't do it for another two or so years, and the next real time I remember it being played was Wisconsin 2015, but when they brought it back it was only as like a "whenever there's a big moment song" and no specific time on when to play it.

2 minutes ago, HerbieHanc$%k said:

They should only bring that music out in the right times - MSU win, and when they played it against Whisky are key examples. 

I don't think it should be an every game thing to overplay it but if its brought out at the right times, place goes cray cray 

What if we used it for the tunnel walk and then brought it out at times like this?