New Tunnel Walk Ideas 2018

Tunnel Walk Music  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh geez. I don't really mind it all too much, but we keep adding all these, dare I say, gimmicky little additions to the Tunnel Walk and production of home games that just don't seem all that necessary. The smoke machines, the strobey ambulance lights in the tunnel, the like 18 flags they now carry out, that gate thing was kind of cheesy as well (in the Callahan days when it was closed and they pulled it open), but I wonder what this new screen addition is going to look and feel like.

4 hours ago, Landlord said:

Oh geez. I don't really mind it all too much, but we keep adding all these, dare I say, gimmicky little additions to the Tunnel Walk and production of home games that just don't seem all that necessary. The smoke machines, the strobey ambulance lights in the tunnel, the like 18 flags they now carry out, that gate thing was kind of cheesy as well (in the Callahan days when it was closed and they pulled it open), but I wonder what this new screen addition is going to look and feel like.

I agree that most of these additions/changes have been pretty cheesy. Particularly I never have liked the flag carrying. It always struck me as insincere and patronizing. The solid player silhouetted doors or barred gates don't really matter either way to me but this new screen deal......it could be used in a cool, unique way and be okay or they could go full on Vegas and detract further from the tradition. We'll just have to wait and see. The only changes I would be really happy to see would be ending the players carrying flags out and changing the song to Enter Sandman. I'm okay with leaving it Sirius but I feel Enter Sandman would be a better (the best) choice. I'll reserve judgement on the new video board until I see what they do with it.

• Plus1 1

I like the idea of the flags, but it does come across as a hulk Hogan sort of entrance at times without know the entire backstory, so I can imagine how it would play with opposing teams fans who only watch us once or twice a year.

I'd be happy if we got rid of the smoke machine.... I'd like it more of they put it under the stadium, at the locker room doors.

On 8/26/2018 at 5:19 AM, JJ Husker said:

changing the song to Enter Sandman. I'm okay with leaving it Sirius but I feel Enter Sandman would be a better (the best) choice.

Leave that song to Virginia Tech. And if we change the song, I'd still prefer something that's not so old. Sirius was about 12 years old when we first started using it, while Enter Sandman is now 27 years old.

54 minutes ago, Toe said:

Leave that song to Virginia Tech. And if we change the song, I'd still prefer something that's not so old. Sirius was about 12 years old when we first started using it, while Enter Sandman is now 27 years old.

You leave it to Va Tech, I want it. Don’t care how old it is or if somebody else is using it. And yes I realize it’s probably not changing from Sirius (which also was being used by others before us) but it would be my preference. Show me a better intro song and I’ll consider it. That hasn’t happened in this thread yet.

BTW, I also like the gates with bars better than the solid panels with player silhouettes :dunno

9 minutes ago, Toe said:

We'll see how it looks during the game, but to be honest, I don't like it. To me, Memorial Stadium has a very stately feel, and this kinda cheapens it, I think.

There are video boards over every tunnel entrance now, have been for a year or so. We have ribbon boards all along east & west stadium, and a giant video board over north stadium. On top of that, we have four screens on each of the old pediments, two of which are wrap-around screens.

One more video board isn't going to cheapen things that much.  :D

• Plus1 4

Part of what makes me cringe is the way it's just slapped on top of the old entrance, covering up the Nebraska logo. They could've at least matched the arch of the entrance - it's not like non-rectangular screens can't be built. And I still really hope they do something more with the gate, as the new one as it stands is easily a big step backwards from the old one.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Toe said:

Part of what makes me cringe is the way it's just slapped on top of the old entrance, covering up the Nebraska logo. They could've at least matched the arch of the entrance. (There's curved screens at the north end of the stadium, it's not like these things can't be built.) And I still really hope they do something with the gate, as the new one doesn't look nearly as good as the old one.

Can't please everyone. I think it looks awesome. New gate looks just as good as the old. It's time to change some things and minor things like this are a great way to do it.