Finally! Blackshirt Talk

5 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

A few points of order re: recent discussions:

-1997 UCF has Dante Culpepper, who was a human highlight reel in college. That UCF team was a salty team that had some close scrapes with big opponents IIRC. 

-2009 Texas was a screw job by the officials with questionable penalties to help on the final two drives. The defense stopped UT in regulation play. 

-2009 VT (like UT, sadly) was more about our inept offense. Defense did more than enough to win, and it’s unfortunate that play happened the way it did. 

Both teams had Blackshirts and deservedly so. There should be blackshirts handed out after last week—let’s not forget Colorado does have two of the best WRs in the country (one could already play Sunday if he wished) and a polished QB. I think our boys played admirably and some, especially up front, deserve recognition. 

I was very impressed with the Colorado QB. We were killing him. Seven sacks is enough to get into a QB's head, but some of those sacks were very hard hits. That QB put some long passes right on the money. 

• Plus1 1

It's high time we get over the Blackshirt 'standard' so we can stop with the inane, redundant debates year in and year out that started largely because of some really bad mid-2000's defenses.

From my perspective, the fact that they got handed out after a loss is fantastic.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I don't really care, but I felt like Davis should've probably earned one. It seemed like he was playing with an edge never seen before. Couple huge sacks and some key pressures IIIRC.

Pushing  buttons means that they expect a little more than what they are gettting (or to prove it week in/week out).

6 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

I don't really care, but I felt like Davis should've probably earned one. It seemed like he was playing with an edge never seen before. Couple huge sacks and some key pressures IIIRC.

Frost said that while more played like they deserved Blackshirts, the seven given out were for a larger body of work than just the last game.

On 9/7/2018 at 12:23 PM, FrankWheeler said:

[Google Treads graph snipped for brevity]

Google Trends sure is interesting. For instance, 'impact migraine' spiked when Lee got hurt but it only spiked in Nebraska. No surprise.

impactmigraine.jpg.6053293f675e0fcc50d1623e16de76a0.jpg

Let's see what 'penis envy' give us on the regional breakdown:

penisenvy.jpg.ccd5a89e0f6dd06c3525fa8db99509e0.jpg

Wow! Colorado leads, followed by two of our upcoming opponents, Michigan and Wisconsin. Indiana must be looking ahead to next fall as well.

• Plus1 1