Pelini to OSU

2 hours ago, KingBlank said:

You realize he's staying there until nebraska is done paying him correct?  He has already had a few offers

Assuming the new University could match or exceed the $1.8 million per year Bo gets from Nebraska through this season, the only reason for him not taking a more prestigious job would be spite. 

9 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

That's pretty thin, even for clickbait. Near as I can tell, Bo's main qualifications is being from Ohio.

A crackerjack internet sports blogger would have noted that Ohio State probably wouldn't want a coach who recruited and played a convicted rapist last season.

http://footballscoop.com/news/bo-pelini-plays-convicted-rapist-malik-richmond/

6 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Bos not a bad coach with the right staff,I'm not sure he ever had it at Nebraska.

Perhaps, but that's ultimately a reflection on him as the person responsible for building that staff. I'm also not sold on his ability to identify talent. Although his recruiting rankings were mostly positive, there's no doubt the overall talent level on the team took a dive in the latter half of his tenure.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Perhaps, but that's ultimately a reflection on him as the person responsible for building that staff. I'm also not sold on his ability to identify talent. Although his recruiting rankings were mostly positive, there's no doubt the overall talent level on the team took a dive in the latter half of his tenure.

Also true. But what he was able to accomplish with Callahan's better but still probably overrated/not elite recruits was quite something. Give him the budget and resources and success of OSU, I'm not saying it's at all a no brainer but I think there's a totally possible scenario where he keeps that program coasting and doing extremely well.

@Landlord If I was a betting man, I'd wager he'd peak early and struggle to maintain a high level. It's sort of what happened at Nebraska and, although the data set is much less, it's also sort of what' happened at YSU. It'll be interesting to see where they go this year after 6-5 last.

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

This guy might want to get back into the Big 10.  He flopped when he went to the SEC.   However he is living 'pretty high on the hog' - (pun intended) right now and

may not want the comparison wt Meyer.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/former-arkansas-coach-bret-bielema-nets-12-million-in-massive-buyout-agreement/

Oh lord, please. 

4 hours ago, KingBlank said:

You realize he's staying there until nebraska is done paying him correct?  He has already had a few offers

From where?

Edited by Cdog923
17 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I don't think their practices were all that efficient or physical either. 

9 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Am I the only one who is uncomfortable that these players were recorded without their knowledge or consent?

This is a story that needs to be exposed, I am just iffy on the way it was done.

(Full disclosure: I did not watch all of the video)

I believe Florida is a two-party consent state, meaning it's illegal to record any kind of communication without both parties consenting, so I guess it would depend how/when those videos were recorded. Typically, I don't have a problem with the surreptitious recording of other people if it's within the law, especially since it often reveals fairly damning information about influential people in the world. Not saying it was 100% OK in this instance but only that it would really depend how/where they were recorded. There is also an ethical debate there for some people, too.