Martinez it is

1 minute ago, MichiganDad3 said:

Would he be allowed to practice at another school this fall? Why not leave after this semester?

Yes, he could practice.

Also, there was a kid last year who left a school right before the season started because there is a "loophole" that you have to sit out one year so his theory was he could leave now, practice for a year and become eligible right at the beginning of next year.  If you wait until after this season, you'd have to sit out next year.

5 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think you get at least 48 hours to get over your disappointment at not being named the starting QB. 

I believe Eric Crouch had a full blown snit before he was talked back into the fold. 

I think EC had a reason to be upset, I believe he was grading out better than Newcombe, and Solich still named BN the starter.  

9 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I believe Eric Crouch had a full blown snit before he was talked back into the fold. 

Solich's famous road trip to Omaha to visit the Crouch family. I kinda view that as an early symptom that Solich was losing his grip on the team (including coaches), if he ever really had a good one in the first place.

1 minute ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

All we heard out of camp was that the quarterback competition was to close to call. The statements made by Frost in support of that ring a little hollow in light of the "if there was a tie" remark. YMMV.

Frost commented today that he made decision to start Martinez middle of last week, and that he wanted to review it with his coaches before making things public.  It could have been a very close competition, but Martinez still "won it".

3 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

All we heard out of camp was that the quarterback competition was to close to call. The statements made by Frost in support of that ring a little hollow in light of the "if there was a tie" remark. YMMV.

Just because there may not have been a tie doesn't mean it wasn't a close competition and both were given ample opportunity to win the job.  You're reading that part into his statement.

• Plus1 1