Possible Sunday reschedule

1 hour ago, The Murphinator said:

Well to be fair, where were they going to stay and sleep at?

If I was their coach, it wouldn't matter I'd tell them to suck it up, sleep in the dressing room and use your ***damn pads for a bedding.

However, it looks like we could have done a bit more as far as incentives go for Akron to play us.

Why didn't they just play the damn game inside the Hawks Championship facility?  We have a full size football field in there.  Yeah there'd be no rooms for any fans, but I am 100% positive that Huskervision could work with FoxSports to telecast the game to everyone inside the stadium.  Would it have been ideal?  No.  But it would have been better than nothing.

And to ya'll blaming Moos, Frost, Akron, for this...ya'll be wild.  I genuinely feel bad for people who went to the game, especially those from out of town.  But good gravy, the weather is completely out of anyone's control.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Why didn't they just play the damn game inside the Hawks Championship facility?  We have a full size football field in there.  Yeah there'd be no rooms for any fans, but I am 100% positive that Huskervision could work with FoxSports to telecast the game to everyone inside the stadium.  Would it have been ideal?  No.  But it would have been better than nothing.

And to ya'll blaming Moos, Frost, Akron, for this...ya'll be wild.  I genuinely feel bad for people who went to the game, especially those from out of town.  But good gravy, the weather is completely out of anyone's control.

The Akron game called for extraordinary effort to get the game in. We fans have been jacked to see the team since Frost was hired. What a let down to spend 3 hours watching weather forecasts instead of the Huskers.

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Umm..... I hope this isn’t serious.

Yes it’s a 100 yard field but there is not required space along the sidelines to support teams standing there, not adequate space in end zones for player safety, and not adequate overhead space for kicking as the roof pitches down towards the sides of the building.  

This is was never a viable option

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

In addition to the stuff Paul Crewe laid out, there is no structure in there (presumably) for things like stat-keeping, game clock operation, play clock operation,  official reviews, so on and so forth.

6 minutes ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

Like was mentioned before, it makes sense that they would be able to iron out an agreement to play a championship week game on the condition that one or both of the teams need 1 more victory and neither team is playing in a championship game that week.

When I looked at the forecast it looked like 10:30am was a moronic time to start the game.

5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

There is no language that can back us out of a weather cancelled game. Not Akrons fault. Its the same as the ticket refund.

Here you go.

"The Mid-American Conference school was set to receive a $1.17 million payday for the game in Lincoln. Asked if Akron would get paid for the trip, Burton said, "I don't know the answer to that."

"I'm sure the university's going to be talking about the language in the contract," he said. "But that'll be done with our CFO and athletic director talking with Akron."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24560545/nebraska-says-logistical-challenges-forced-akron-pull-plug-sunday