Where does Frost go from here

Why would offensive schemes change?  Given this is the first year of a total offensive make over with a true freshman QB who didn't play his senior year in high school, playing behind an underdeveloped offensive line that can't seem to avoid holding or wiffing assignments at the worst possible time and said offense is inconsistent, yet has managed to break 550 total yards in two games?  Seems like continuing to work on his normal schemes is the right choice here.  

You get better by practicing what you are planning to do, not by doing something else.

On 9/24/2018 at 9:36 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

To be clear, I'm not worried either.  I just think that if players are struggling mentally, maybe slowing down would be beneficial.  Like I said, I know Frost will never do that though.

But they aren't going fast. They just aren't huddling (and shouldn't).

• Plus1 1

As I said in the game thread, Frost needs to do some soul searching on defense. His successes at both Oregon and UCF relied on an offense that could outscore the other teams offense in a high scoring game. His UCF team gave up tons of points to its biggest competition last year....South Florida...and had to rely on the offense keeping pace.  I dont think that approach will work in the BIG and I think he needs to sit down and study defensive philosophy just as much as he has the offense. Nebraska needs to focus on having a truly dominant defense....not one that can stop the opponent just enough times to allow the offense to win a shootout.  

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

As I said in the game thread, Frost needs to do some soul searching on defense. His successes at both Oregon and UCF relied on an offense that could outscore the other teams offense in a high scoring game. His UCF team gave up tons of points to its biggest competition last year....South Florida...and had to rely on the offense keeping pace.  I dont think that approach will work in the BIG and I think he needs to sit down and study defensive philosophy just as much as he has the offense. Nebraska needs to focus on having a truly dominant defense....not one that can stop the opponent just enough times to allow the offense to win a shootout.  

I'm going to wait and see.  We just don't have the talent on defense to see if the scheme works.  You can't blame the defensive coordinator when he inherits a line that has a 30 blockshedding rating, cbs that have a 30 man and 30 zone rating, and a lb corp who has one good player but the others have 30 pursuit, 30 awareness and 30 tackling attributes.

1 minute ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I'm going to wait and see.  We just don't have the talent on defense to see if the scheme works.  You can't blame the defensive coordinator when he inherits a line that has a 30 blockshedding rating, cbs that have a 30 man and 30 zone rating, and a lb corp who has one good player but the others have 30 pursuit, 30 awareness and 30 tackling attributes.

My point was that the defensive scheme Frost learned at Oregon and brought to UCF also gave up tons of points. This statement was team-agnostic and it appears what happened at UCF on defense is continuing here. Now at UCF the turnover margin was much better but they tended to give upna lot of points against stiffer competition.

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

My point was that the defensive scheme Frost learned at Oregon and brought to UCF also gave up tons of points. This statement was team-agnostic and it appears what happened at UCF on defense is continuing here. Now at UCF the turnover margin was much better but they tended to give upna lot of points against stiffer competition.

You're going to give up more points when your offense plays fast.  I believe they were pretty good in defensive efficiency tho

6 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Can't you see the strain?!?!?

8 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I take it 30 is bad?  This team is HORRIBLE at shedding blocks.  Gifford is the most easy to block linebacker I have ever seen.

6 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

You're going to give up more points when your offense plays fast.  I believe they were pretty good in defensive efficiency tho

You will give up some more points but not the extent of what his defenses did against good opponents. High scoring offenses are fun to watch but dominant defenses are what keep you in every game and help you to win championships.