Wisconsin Week Pressers

Mavric

I don't really find much significance in obsessing over how Frost describes "how well we practiced" on any given day. I'm glad for anybody else that does find it interesting but I just see it more as content to fill the multiple pressers we do each week.

Regardless of the grade of any given practice we are undisciplined and sloppy in the turnover, penalties, and special teams categories for pretty much 60 minutes of each game. Hopefully Saturday is different; that's all that matters.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Igetbored216 said:

Is Frost sure that the players practicing with enthusiasm weren't o-linemen? Like all five of them? Otherwise we should probably play a different QB. I actually fear for Martinez's safety this weekend. 

Line will be better this week now that Conrad is on the bench. He could be good serving as depth at guard so we can rotate a guy in but we looked much better with Farmer at C.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Line will be better this week now that Conrad is on the bench. He could be good serving as depth at guard so we can rotate a guy in but we looked much better with Farmer at C.

I think "much better" would be a stretch. Martinez seemed to be running for his life a lot throughout the whole game; including when Farmer took over at center. Thank god he can make plays with his feet. 

• Plus1 1

I just struggle to believe we have any good practices after what we see on Saturday. I just really find it hard to believe. Not saying it doesnt happen. I just dont get how we can be happy with how things look in practice and then the games are polar opposites.

I could of wish we would go "Steve Spurrier" on them and just tell the media we look like dog s#!t and dont belong on a D1 program.

• Plus1 4

Go back and look at what HCSF said.  He wasn't saying that the entire team was practicing better and harder than it had.  He was saying that there were players that he hadn't really seen the kind of effort he is looking for in practice from who practiced the best he had seen them practice to date.  The two unnamed receivers as well as Bell and Washington.  Will we see it on the field?  I hope so.  It would really be nice not to have a "wisconsin scores again" game.

It's the same guys, no matter how they practice or what their coaches say or what meetings they have.  Some of those guys remind me of some slouches I was assigned to train at Fort Benning several decades ago;  fresh out of the stockade and trying to avoid undesirable discharges by retraining.  Most of them were pathetic and it was impossible to move them past a certain point in all aspects of training.   What they learned in the class rooms and on paper could not be seen in performance.  

20 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

always hated that.  Work on a play you know is coming all week and then act like you've never seen it.  Or when you are on the sideline and you say "Hey 21 its coming your way" and they act surprised when it comes their way.

I hope you aren’t surprised 21 got burned even after he knew what was coming.  I mean like only if the was evidence of this happing for 3 years or something.  Quarterbacks literally just follow him around.