Lacking Swagger

I dont know what it is, maybe swagger isnt the correct word.  Just watching badgers and huskers talking and slapping hands laughing on the field.  Is that where we want to be as a team.  Wheres the popping helmets, getting up in other players face.  Wheres the passion to win,  i was wanting martinez to jump up and pop pads with the guy that tackled him.  Showing your not intimidated by anyone.  I havent seen that in a long time, maybe since suh.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

I dont know what it is, maybe swagger isnt the correct word.  Just watching badgers and huskers talking and slapping hands laughing on the field.  Is that where we want to be as a team.  Wheres the popping helmets, getting up in other players face.  Wheres the passion to win,  i was wanting martinez to jump up and pop pads with the guy that tackled him.  Showing your not intimidated by anyone.  I havent seen that in a long time, maybe since suh.

Suh didn't really do that before the NFL. His play spoke for itself. Although one big exception was when he stiff armed Colorado's QB and threw the football.

Also, if you watched Morgan Jr or Washington, they do exactly what you're talking about.

• Plus1 1

Swagger is the least of our problems  When our defense can stop somebody, when our special teams can do something special (and not the *special ed* type of special), when our offensive line can go more than 3 plays without incurring a penalty....that's when I'll worry about swagger.

Edited by Mavric
*Edited wording*
  • Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I thought Martinez, Washington, Ozigbo, Spielman, and Morgan played with some “swagger” tonight. They looked confident that they could do things against Wisky’s D, and they did. The rest of the team, however, it’s hard to play with swagger when you are getting knocked around all over the field. Then when Reed thinks he makes a big hit and celebrates while the RB is still running with the ball, Reed looks foolish. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1