Wisconsin Post-Game Presser

Mavric

12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The defense did not look lost.

They didn't make plays when they were in position to do so.

What do you think "we don't look like them right now" means?

Umm...they were not in position many times and appeares to give up in the 2nd half. This is not just my opinion but that of many commenting in the game thread.  

8 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Uhhhh, outside of the 5+ whiffed big plays, giving wayyyyy too much cushion to a lack luster receiving corps, zero pressure on the quarterback and complete embarrassment as far as sound tackling is concerned, I guess you're right- not lost at all???

Curious- what was your take on the defensive performance because I found it downright embarrassing 

Looking lost and lacking ability are very different.

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Umm...they were not in position many times and appeares to give up in the 2nd half. This is not just my opinion but that of many commenting in the game thread.  

Don’t take the game thread as people with the best opinions and comments. Those threads are full of knee-jerk reactions and second guessing for 3-4 hours. 

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, lo country said:

Watching the B1G channel.  They said the offense can win games, but that the defense has got to make some stops.  We now hold some defensive record in the B1G for the amount of yards given up the past 6 conference games IIRC.  Bottom line, as bad is the OL is, the defense is worse.  Cosgrove/Baker/Diaconate bad.  Don’t know how Wisky runs the 3-4 so well.  Great LB play?  Just wonder if that’s the right scheme for us.  I know Chin has said the 3-4 is multiple.  Nothing wrong with switching it up against a team like Wisky.  Give them a heavier 4 man front.....

3-4 is actually statistically better vs the run than the 4-3 is. Kind of counterintuitive, but it is what it is.

If Spielman stays, him, Martinez, and Washington are going to be something. Gosh damn those boys are good. Along with an improved line for next year...

Same old, same old on defense... We just need better players. Also happy that D. Thomas looks to be redshirting.

But on the real, our guys (body types) don't look like the top teams.

• Fire 1

9 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

If Spielman stays, him, Martinez, and Washington are going to be something. Gosh damn those boys are good. Along with an improved line for next year...

Same old, same old on defense... We just need better players. Also happy that D. Thomas looks to be redshirting.

But on the real, our guys (body types) don't look like the top teams.

Yeah it’s like the team didn’t do much strength and conditioning work the past few years. Oh yeah they didn’t!! Plus, the recruiting needs to improve to bring in bigger dudes!!

Amazes me.... we have idiots calling for certain coaches heads and asking if we can hire other coaches in the game thread.  We have people thinking the scheme doesn’t work.   ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  We are playing with recruits from a 4-3..... remember that we only switched to this 3-4 a year ago....  it takes time to get the right players in here.   Come one people. Grow up

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1