The Angry Violent Right

6 minutes ago, commando said:

he does that quite often...says 1 thing...then a couple days later has to refute what he said.  and it usually involves the very far right groups like the proud boys that he has to try and cover his tracks with.   it's fine if you believe  he didn't really mean it.   it  happens often enough that i don't believe it's a gaffe.   

He gives the real message first, lets it sit out there for a bit, then with a wink and a nod he walks it back a bit. It took trump days to give one statement saying he condemns them on a made-for-Hannity moment. That never happens unless he fails to overtly state that very thing first.

How hard would it have been to say "I condemn the KKK. I condemn all white supremacists. I condemn the Proud Boys." during the debate? Any other presidential candidate in televised history, those would have been the first words out of their mouth. But not trump.

This is why the Republican party is what it is today. Too many people are too willing to look the other way when someone from their party so overtly cozies up to White Supremacists, then fall all over themselves to explain away what actually happened.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

It's really time for the FBI to be paying some visits.  For the life of me I can't see what these people are so angry about.  Travel the world.  See people being forced to hand build roads, sun up to sundown, 7 days per week, 365 days per year, in a place like Myanmar and you'll realize, life here isn't so bad that you have to destroy the very fabric of our democracy.  

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

tbf it looks like the same three morons in all those tweets. I guarantee the majority of conservatives are not talking "succession"

How do you figure that?   I see at least 10 different accounts and that's only if you assume the accounts with the blank avatars are the same.  

How do you think some in the cult will interpret this dog whistle?

There's no moral equivalency going on here.  Never before has a president drug us down to these depths.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

It's really time for the FBI to be paying some visits.  For the life of me I can't see what these people are so angry about.  Travel the world.  See people being forced to hand build roads, sun up to sundown, 7 days per week, 365 days per year, in a place like Myanmar and you'll realize, life here isn't so bad that you have to destroy the very fabric of our democracy.  

Why cross the names out? Expose these people. Let society exile them. Let them lose their jobs. Let their neighbors know how dangerous these people are.

• Plus1 5
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Yep

• Plus1 1