The Angry Violent Right

48 minutes ago, commando said:

doesn't seem violent to me.  what about you?

Eqq_6x7VQAARLE2?format=jpg&name=small

I don't know much about this guy, but is he actually serious with all of this?  I mean, does he really believe it or is he just saying knowingly stupid s#!t to get people worked up?

How have family and friends not had him committed yet if he truly believes this nonsense?

17 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don't know much about this guy, but is he actually serious with all of this?  I mean, does he really believe it or is he just saying knowingly stupid s#!t to get people worked up?

How have family and friends not had him committed yet if he truly believes this nonsense?

Lin Wood thinks he's Jesus.

No, really:

Lin Wood’s Ex-Law Partners Claim He Was Taped Admitting to Assaults, Asserting He May Be ‘Christ Coming Back for Second Time’

Attorney L. Lin Wood may believe himself to be a vessel of the second coming, and he’s not referring to another Donald Trump presidential term. That’s what Wood’s former law partners wrote in a legal brief quoting what they describe as recorded conversations proving that the lawyer gunning to overturn the 2020 election has a habit of associating himself with “God Almighty.”

“I might actually be Christ coming back for a second time in the form of an imperfect man, elevating Christ consciousness,” an extraordinary footnote quotes Wood telling his partners. “That cause you to have a little bit of a chill? Who would be more eloquent to say what the will of God is, the belief of God in me.”

Wood is said to have called himself the representative of various Biblical figures.

“I represent Moses,” Wood allegedly declared on tape. “I represent Ananias the believer. I’m like the power of King David. Now look you all, I told you I was going to pray tonight to my God, not to myself, because to me there’s God and there’s me.”

27 minutes ago, funhusker said:

He literally is certifiable.  Paranoid schizophrenic

3 minutes ago, commando said:

he is pretty much the typical Q fan.   full of hate for everyone but trump

Wow reading through some of the comments in that thread, I can't walk away thinking anything other than a sizeable percentage of our population is mentally ill.  What percentage I'm not sure but how do you go down the "everyone is out to get Trump" rabbit hole so far that you start wanting to execute John Roberts and Mike Pence for treason?  What are our churches preaching anyway since all of these people claim to be Christian? No way the Republican Party can survive this level of dysfunction. 

• Plus1 2

For years I avoided Nazi Germany parallels because I thought they were hyperbolic cheap shots, not really applicable to modern America. 

Now I'm not so sure.

We've had all these years to analyze how seemingly good people allowed a dangerous minority like the Nazis to seize power over the government, and squeeze nationalist fervor and genocide out of the populace. They did it by uniting the country against threats and enemies that didn't really exist, openly admitting the power of propaganda over rational facts. The single reason Hitler rose above the other political leaders of his time and in his party was that he knew how to work the big rooms.  

Bats#!t conspiracy theories work the same way; convince the poor and uneducated that they are smarter and better than the ruling elites, and they will let you pick their pocket or send them into war. No evidence required. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Just now, commando said:

i wonder if our board trumpers have their muskets ready for that?

What's really really really weird is that our board trumpers haven't commented on this. At all. 

It's like they don't care if the cult gets violent. They only care if the Left disturbs the peace. 

• Plus1 2