The Angry Violent Right

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

apologize for the eight years of One World Obama grievance rule 

i may be conservative...but i don't hang out in the far right echo chambers that produced whatever talking point that is.    what is the "one world obama grievance rule"?

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

evidently, others feel the same

It's weird how they did this poll this time, and how they're phrasing the results.

Last year Obama & trump tied at 18%, so this isn't the first time he "won" this. 

This year, trump held steady at 18%, but Biden took some of Obama's "votes," so Obama came in at 15% and Biden at 6%. Take Biden out and likely Obama wins again, but that's what you get when you win the election, I guess.  

It's crazy to think Obama is still getting 15% of the vote four years after he left office. By this time, George W. Bush was receiving 3% of the vote in this poll

Not sure this fits an "others feel the same" narrative, but whatever. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Good luck with that one.  Unless you would like to apologize for the eight years of One World Obama grievance rule 

I am truly sorry that the Obama administration wasn't more aggressive in fighting Republican obstructionism, standing up for liberal values, and preventing rightwing media from incorrectly defining the terms of each issue. 

How exactly did Obama's cautious political moderation grieve you? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's weird how they did this poll this time, and how they're phrasing the results.

Last year Obama & trump tied at 18%, so this isn't the first time he "won" this. 

This year, trump held steady at 18%, but Biden took some of Obama's "votes," so Obama came in at 15% and Biden at 6%. Take Biden out and likely Obama wins again, but that's what you get when you win the election, I guess.  

It's crazy to think Obama is still getting 15% of the vote four years after he left office. By this time, George W. Bush was receiving 3% of the vote in this poll

Not sure this fits an "others feel the same" narrative, but whatever. 

Agree with you, it is weird. I posted more because I found it odd that this year, of all years, is when Trump overtook Obama. I know that the discontent after 8 years of Obama is one of the reasons people ended up voting for what they viewed as the lesser of two evils in Trump. However, Obama still led this poll until last year, when they tied. Weird indeed. 

Just for perspective, Hillary Clinton has been voted Most Admired Woman in America 22 times, nearly doubling the woman in second place, Elenor Roosevelt.

The only women who weren't First Ladies were Margaret Thatcher, Mother Teresa, Golda Meir, and Ethel Kennedy. 

Obama is tied with Dwight D. Eisenhower with 12 selections. Reagan and Bill Clinton are tied with 8. The only non-presidents to win are Douglas MacArthur, Henry Kissinger, and Pope John Paul II. 

I think what this demonstrates mostly is a lack of imagination. 

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

One World Obama grievance rule 

What in the hell is that?

since I’m mostly conservative, I never voted for Obama, but people who equate the pathetic leadership we have seen the last four years from this idiot to Obama.....are doing nothing but playing party politics.  

AAAAHHHHH.....he’s a democrat so he’s evil.....AAAAAAHHHHHH

"Mark Hall, lead co-chair of the Parker Republicans, began publishing the names and home addresses of public health workers Monday, adding, “Take this information and make your own decisions. We will publish the names/addresses of these people with no law enforcement abilities. If they want a war, we can give them that but it is time for a revolution. If you work for the state, CDPHE, Tri-County or other agencies, you are on the radar, at your homes and elsewhere.  You want to be Anti-Americans, Patriots are going to show you the errors of your ways. We didn’t ask for this but you brought it on."

"Patriot" = Fascist

13 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

"Mark Hall, lead co-chair of the Parker Republicans, began publishing the names and home addresses of public health workers Monday, adding, “Take this information and make your own decisions. We will publish the names/addresses of these people with no law enforcement abilities. If they want a war, we can give them that but it is time for a revolution. If you work for the state, CDPHE, Tri-County or other agencies, you are on the radar, at your homes and elsewhere.  You want to be Anti-Americans, Patriots are going to show you the errors of your ways. We didn’t ask for this but you brought it on."

"Patriot" = Fascist

Quick google search. The guy looks like a tool. 

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

"Patriot" = Fascist

arrest them for making terror threats.   

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

What in the hell is that?

since I’m mostly conservative, I never voted for Obama, but people who equate the pathetic leadership we have seen the last four years from this idiot to Obama.....are doing nothing but playing party politics.  

AAAAHHHHH.....he’s a democrat so he’s evil.....AAAAAAHHHHHH

He was so terrible that he ended up giving us Trump, the person you demonize everyday. 

• Plus1 1

On 12/29/2020 at 6:21 PM, Archy1221 said:

He was so terrible that he ended up giving us Trump, the person you demonize everyday. 

Indeed. An unfortunate number of Americans hated the idea of a successful Black president and went in the complete opposite direction. 

Keen-eyed political observers have also noted that Donald Trump ran against Hillary Clinton, not Barack Obama. 

As for Trump: what's not to demonize? The man has lost his mind and is clearly willing to drive Democracy into the ground for his personal benefit. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hahaha.  Good one!  You played the race card and fibbed about Obama being successful all in one sentence. 

I believe if you look at Donald Trump's claims of driving a robust economy, you'll find the numbers no better and sometimes slightly worse than the last 6.5 years of the Obama economy he inherited.  Not sure where you want to put the capture of bin Laden and high terrorist kill rate, or Obama's record as a first-class deporter. Most clear-eyed research suggests the United States was far more respected around the world with Obama than Trump.  The entire MO of the Republican Party was to thwart the success of the Obama administration, even if it was good legislation for the American people. That's not a secret: just ask Mitch McConnell. Figure that into your metrics of success and get back to me, although I can't imagine being surprised by your answers. When I say Americans hated the idea of a successful Black president, that includes the non-stop attempts to make him unsuccessful.

I played the race card only because Americans are some racist motherf#&%ers, and that was baked into Make America Great Again

• Plus1 4