Noah Vedral now eligible, traveled to Northwestern

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Good point about Vedral brought up by Sam McKewon on Twitter.  He probably won't even be the #2 QB this season, but he would be a good option if Martinez were injured and Bunch is ineffective.  But, if NU were in that situation, I don't think NU would be competitive in a game at that point.

I have no problem saying Vedral is a clear #2, but that he won't play unless Martinez gets hurt. 

1 minute ago, admo said:

Can someone catch me up to speed?  I know nothing about Vedral's talent/skills/recruiting etc. 

Outstanding three-sport athlete in high school at Wahoo Neumann.  Can definitely run but throws well too.  Completed 75.9% of his passes last year at UCF in mop-up duty.  

The previous coaches talked to him in high school but I'm not sure if he even got a walk-on offer.  Frost offered him a scholarship to go to UCF.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I have no problem saying Vedral is a clear #2, but that he won't play unless Martinez gets hurt. 

Since he wasn't going to be eligible this year I assume he has running the scout team. I don't see any way he is the #2 QB since he hasn't been taking any snaps with the #1 & #2 offense and hasn't been involved with the game plans. He has to be the #3 emergency QB if the unthinkable happens and AM & AB go down. 

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Outstanding three-sport athlete in high school at Wahoo Neumann.  Can definitely run but throws well too.  Completed 75.9% of his passes last year at UCF in mop-up duty.  

The previous coaches talked to him in high school but I'm not sure if he even got a walk-on offer.  Frost offered him a scholarship to go to UCF.

Thanks Mav

Just now, Dogs In A Pile said:

Since he wasn't going to be eligible this year I assume he has running the scout team. I don't see any way he is the #2 QB since he hasn't been taking any snaps with the #1 & #2 offense and hasn't been involved with the game plans. He has to be the #3 emergency QB if the unthinkable happens and AM & AB go down. 

He knows the offense and is a better athlete than Bunch is. Timing won't be an issue after a drive or two.