Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I did not expect the offense to put much up on the board, but a goose egg? Penn State is a very good team and definitely deserved the win. Iowa was definitely over rated. The night game and the "white out" was definitely a 13th player, but I think the outcome would have been the same any where.

Be careful not to be too chipper though, as beating Louisiana Tech is not exactly something to brag about. You paid them a mill and a half to come into Lincoln to be a sacrificial lamb. Short of a couple of big plays, they were in it. Congrats on the win!

1 hour ago, CyHawk said:

I did not expect the offense to put much up on the board, but a goose egg? Penn State is a very good team and definitely deserved the win. Iowa was definitely over rated. The night game and the "white out" was definitely a 13th player, but I think the outcome would have been the same any where.

Be careful not to be too chipper though, as beating Louisiana Tech is not exactly something to brag about. You paid them a mill and a half to come into Lincoln to be a sacrificial lamb. Short of a couple of big plays, they were in it. Congrats on the win!

Ha ha, I don’t think anybody on this board is bragging about beating Louisiana Tech. If you’re reading around, you’ll see that most people actually think the sky is falling again. The only positivity from this group of husker fans is that we finally beat a team we should have. It’s a baby step we are all happy to take. Most of us expect to get manhandled by Michigan this weekend. I just don’t think it will be as ugly as that Iowa game yesterday.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, CyHawk said:

You built your resume by beating Utah State, Iowa State (who then lost to Ohio) and western Michigan and Iowa fans thought you were actually decent. 

I haven’t seen any Husker fans think we are anything more than….maybe OK against inferior teams. 

Once again, you’re proving you’re only here to troll. 

• Plus1 3
  • TBH 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You built your resume by beating Utah State, Iowa State (who then lost to Ohio) and western Michigan and Iowa fans thought you were actually decent. 

I haven’t seen any Husker fans think we are anything more than….maybe OK against inferior teams. 

Once again, you’re proving you’re only here to troll. 

Now wait a minute. Hear him out. It is highly entertaining watching the mental gymnastics of someone trying to accept the complete offensive ineptitude and resultant curb stomping Iowa endured at the hands of PSU by convincing himself that it is somehow in the same zip code as beating an inferior opponent 28-14. You just don’t stumble across entertainment like this everyday. :snacks:

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Now wait a minute. Hear him out. It is highly entertaining watching the mental gymnastics of someone trying to accept the complete offensive ineptitude and resultant curb stomping Iowa endured at the hands of PSU by convincing himself that it is somehow in the same zip code as beating an inferior opponent 28-14. You just don’t stumble across entertainment like this everyday. :snacks:

Sorry…..my bad. Carry on. 

55 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Hmmmmm, I am not sure how to admit that the Iowa offense stinks. It is very evident. A blind man can see how bad they are. The "powerhouse" Huskers should have no problem beating them soundly in Lincoln. As it stands right now, I would guess the Huskers to be a 4 touchdown favorite. The Iowa defense is not as good as in the past and being on the field most of the game just flat wore them out.   

It is also clear the the Huskers beat an "inferior" team with just a couple of big plays, along with some "homer" calls by the refs. I am not certain that LT was that inferior.  

Ahhh, yea. There it is. The homer refs angle. 
N hasn’t had an advantage in officiating since “the kick” in 96

lest we forget ZERO holding calls against our opponents for something like 19 games in a row. 

Iowa sucks, the nepotism sucks, the racism sucks, the decal sucks and the girls do too. 

F Iowa, I hope they lose every game. 

• Oh Yeah! 3
  • TBH 4
21 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Hmmmmm, I am not sure how to admit that the Iowa offense stinks. It is very evident. A blind man can see how bad they are. The "powerhouse" Huskers should have no problem beating them soundly in Lincoln. As it stands right now, I would guess the Huskers to be a 4 touchdown favorite. The Iowa defense is not as good as in the past and being on the field most of the game just flat wore them out.   

It is also clear the the Huskers beat an "inferior" team with just a couple of big plays, along with some "homer" calls by the refs. I am not certain that LT was that inferior.  

A couple big plays? We had 312 yards rushing and 2 guys over 100 yards. You must have missed that other big play that was called back for some pretty weak holding if you think the refs were homers.

I know what you're response will be, but Nebraska is the 6th ranked rushing team in the nation right now. Still... that's something that's not easy to as a s#!tty team.

• TBH 1

52 minutes ago, ZRod said:

A couple big plays? We had 312 yards rushing and 2 guys over 100 yards. You must have missed that other big play that was called back for some pretty weak holding if you think the refs were homers.

I know what you're response will be, but Nebraska is the 6th ranked rushing team in the nation right now. Still... that's something that's not easy to as a s#!tty team.

Which is easier…..

Rushing for 312 yards in a victory or managing only 4 first downs in a whole game and matching that with 4 fumbles lost?

:lol::lol::lol:

It must make it feel all better by wrongly claiming another team got homer calls in their favor. Surely this Iowa team is special and they’ll be able to invent a best ever award of some sort (maybe rings for the team) or claim another completely fictitious natty for themselves.

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Which is easier…..

Rushing for 312 yards in a victory or managing only 4 first downs in a whole game and matching that with 4 fumbles lost?

:lol::lol::lol:

It must make it feel all better by wrongly claiming another team got homer calls in their favor. Surely this Iowa team is special and they’ll be able to invent a best ever award of some sort (maybe rings for the team) or claim another completely fictitious natty for themselves.

When a team sucks, they need to invent ways to feel like they are winners.............like a mustache contest! Go back and look at the whining that happens after every single game complaining about the refs when in actuality it is poor play and poor coaching that loses games. The Husker/LT game was closer than the score. I did not realize it, but LT's QB  had his first start last weekend.

Iowa got beat in every single aspect of the game. They are not a good team and the offense is awful. If it were up to me, I would fire them all, drop to the bottom, and then hire a new coaching staff every few years, as that tends to work out well. 

I have no doubt the Huskers will beat Iowa this year.

1 hour ago, CyHawk said:

When a team sucks, they need to invent ways to feel like they are winners.............like a mustache contest! Go back and look at the whining that happens after every single game complaining about the refs when in actuality it is poor play and poor coaching that loses games. The Husker/LT game was closer than the score. I did not realize it, but LT's QB  had his first start last weekend.

Iowa got beat in every single aspect of the game. They are not a good team and the offense is awful. If it were up to me, I would fire them all, drop to the bottom, and then hire a new coaching staff every few years, as that tends to work out well. 

I have no doubt the Huskers will beat Iowa this year.

Still the same passive-aggressive troll.  Nothing insightful, humorous, or compelling about your posts.

Thanks for dropping by. 

• Plus1 6