Obligatory "Is Iowa a Rival" Thread

Mavric

Rivalry Week?  

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

That article does not say that “Iowa paid a settlement because of their racism”. You ought to go to work at CNN! The article says that the lawsuit was settled. It does not continue to say that the coaching staff was against settling.

Yes, indeed, there were some dress codes. That same dress code did not allow redneck farmers to wear baseball caps. Nebraska lost any standards back in the Lawrence Philips days! 

2 hours ago, JeffKinney87 said:

I can't stand the Chicken Hawks, but could we please keep the football topics on the football board, and the politics in the politics board.  I don't come to Huskerboard to read about people's stances on "racism".

That's not political... and it's literally about their s#!tty football team.

• Plus1 2

56 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

Exactly right, the sellout streak is crap!

You're posting is crap. I wouldn't even call you a troll at this point. You're just an...

6789925900_b1f98911c4_z.jpg

5 minutes ago, JeffKinney87 said:

I bolded the political commentary in the edit!

I fail to see how that's political.

2 hours ago, JeffKinney87 said:

I can't stand the Chicken Hawks, but could we please keep the football topics on the football board, and the politics in the politics board.  I don't come to Huskerboard to read about people's stances on "racism".

Who cares what you want? Iowa's racism is a matter of public record. Their football team had to fire a coach over it. It's relevant in this forum. Period.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Loebarth said:

edit: also, let me add, more often than not those in denial are so because they themselves are guilty. There's zero place in this world for "any" type of racism yet all too often it exists and though I hate to admit it, the midwest seems to be becoming a brewing ground for severe prejudices be it of religious, ethnic or gender identity. Disgusting to say the least.

This is about Iowa football?  

• TBH 1