3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It can be both.

You can really say it is the NE vs. the rest of the country.

The reason it is really tough to say that is Urban areas tend to be controlled by Dems and they have some of the worst public schools in the country.  I don't think it is that simple.  Suburban areas tend to be a little more republican and it has some of the best schools.  I think it is really more about economic factors other than who they voted for.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
4 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

You can really say it is the NE vs. the rest of the country.

The reason it is really tough to say that is Urban areas tend to be controlled by Dems and they have some of the worst public schools in the country.  I don't think it is that simple.  Suburban areas tend to be a little more republican and it has some of the best schools.  I think it is really more about economic factors other than who they voted for.

I think I may have found the Krass source…..and the ranking data used is probably different than what we would think it as based off of.  

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/public-school-rankings-by-state

WalletHub ranked each state's public schools for "Quality" and "Safety" using 33 relevant metrics. Metrics included high school graduation rate among low-income students, math and reading scores, median SAT and ACT scores, pupil-teach ratio, the share of armed students, the number of school shootings between 2000 and June 2020, bullying incidence rate, and more. Based on these metrics, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and New Jersey have the best public schools in the United States.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

53 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Quick, let's cut their funding and give another tax break to the rich! That fixes every problem.

Or not because it doesn’t:thumbs   Not sure why that’s your takeaway.  

but since your there

Nor does just throwing more and more money at a problem:thumbs

• TBH 2

Education is a complicated issue that neither side of the aisle can fix by themselves.  

What you do in a wealthy suburban school may not work in the inner city.

Get the freaking Politians as far away as freaking possible and let educators make decisions.

Parents need to support their kids in education and allow them to grow and learn.  Don't protect them from the consequences of their actions or their learning.  They need to learn from them.

Realize that in certain situations, schools need to be the central part of the community and that might be expensive.  Meaning there might have to be medical and social services available at the school.  There may need to be plenty of after school activities to support the education of kids where families fail to provide the support.  Again, this may be expressive, but not needed everywhere.

Bring back and expand vocational education.

Kids that are capable of college, move them on.

There is not a one solution fix for education.

Fund what works, cut what doesn't.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
1 minute ago, Crusader Husker said:

Education is a complicated issue that neither side of the isle can fix by themselves.  

What you do in a wealthy suburban school may not work in the inner city.

Get the freaking Politians as far away as freaking possible and let educators make decisions.

Parents need to support their kids in education and allow them to grow and learn.  Don't protect them from the consequences of their actions or their learning.  They need to learn from them.

Realize that in certain situations, schools need to be the central part of the community and that might be expensive.  Meaning there might have to be medical and social services available at the school.  There may need to be plenty of after school activities to support the education of kids where families fail to provide the support.  Again, this may be expressive, but not needed everywhere.

Bring back and expand vocational education.

Kids that are capable of college, move them on.

There is not a one solution fix for education.

Fund what works, cut what doesn't.

Really well stated!

• Thanks 1