• 3 weeks later...

Oh Elba Public Schools:

Start Date of August 12th, 2024.  The base salary for the 2024-2025 school years is $38,000.  The teachers receive health insurance with a $1,050/3,600 deductible and option 2 dental.  New to the negotiated agreement this year is a merit bonus pay for their overall performance evaluation of $1,000 and buy back days up to 5 anything days at a rate of $100.  Also, a relaxed dress code of wearing jeans 2 free days and $1.00 for the third day.  It is a great day to be a BLUEJAY!

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, teachercd said:

Oh Elba Public Schools:

Start Date of August 12th, 2024.  The base salary for the 2024-2025 school years is $38,000.  The teachers receive health insurance with a $1,050/3,600 deductible and option 2 dental.  New to the negotiated agreement this year is a merit bonus pay for their overall performance evaluation of $1,000 and buy back days up to 5 anything days at a rate of $100.  Also, a relaxed dress code of wearing jeans 2 free days and $1.00 for the third day.  It is a great day to be a BLUEJAY!

No offense, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever read. Literally insulting. Why would anyone want to teach when you're compensated like a bagger at Hy-Vee.

• TBH 1
7 hours ago, ZRod said:

No offense, but that's the stupidest thing I've ever read. Literally insulting. Why would anyone want to teach when you're compensated like a bagger at Hy-Vee.

Oh my god, I know!  That is why I posted it.  I have never seen one so insane before.

But wait YOU CAN WEAR JEANS!  Sort of, but you have to pay.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Oh my god, I know!  That is why I posted it.  I have never seen one so insane before.

But wait YOU CAN WEAR JEANS!  Sort of, but you have to pay.

Lol idk what the deal is with admins hating jeans.

My wife had a whole school picture the other day. Each grade had it's own T-shirt color to wear. But the principal required the staff to wear black dress pants. Such a dorky look 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, GSG said:

Lol idk what the deal is with admins hating jeans.

My wife had a whole school picture the other day. Each grade had it's own T-shirt color to wear. But the principal required the staff to wear black dress pants. Such a dorky look 

Can we all just wear chinos and get along?

I am not sure if there is anything ever that has the same negative stigma attached to it as jeans.

Like, this crazy idea that if you wear jeans you are "bad" or won't work or are not professional.  

You can throw hats and tennis shoes on the list oh and for women, leggings.  Good lord, just let us dress like we want to dress.

My last school had a "beard" policy.  I technically had to be "clean shaven"

• TBH 1
  • Worth a Look 1
38 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Your poor wife!

I tried keeping it somewhat professional for a while: golf shirt and shorts in the summer, golf shirt and jeans but I'm never on camera so I stopped. 

30 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am not sure if there is anything ever that has the same negative stigma attached to it as jeans.

Like, this crazy idea that if you wear jeans you are "bad" or won't work or are not professional.  

You can throw hats and tennis shoes on the list oh and for women, leggings.  Good lord, just let us dress like we want to dress.

My last school had a "beard" policy.  I technically had to be "clean shaven"

I had a job where it wasn't in policy that you couldn't have a beard, but it was well known that the bank president hated it and would make a big stink about it. However, mustaches were OK :blink:

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, GSG said:

I tried keeping it somewhat professional for a while: golf shirt and shorts in the summer, golf shirt and jeans but I'm never on camera so I stopped. 

I had a job where it wasn't in policy that you couldn't have a beard, but it was well known that the bank president hated it and would make a big stink about it. However, mustaches were OK :blink:

What a loser. I stopped shaving around college because it's just painful and I would always break out. I still keep my facial hair clean and tidy though. If my job made me shave I'd quit.