10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree.
A quick story. My first year at UNL I took Anthropology 101. It was a cake class that basically all you had to do to pass was show up, evidenced by the fact that a lot of football players and athletes were also in it.  The professor was some wild liberal hippie with a ponytail down to his butt. He’d spend most classes whining how his colleagues were being persecuted in all these 3rd world backwater places. Well, I earned a solid B (3.0) in that class according to the predetermined scoring. End of semester d!ckhead gives me a 2.0. I go in to meet with him and see what’s up. He reviews all my grades and says yeah, you should have a 3.0……uh hold on, are you in a fraternity? I say yes. He says, oh that’s why, but since you came to see me I’ll change it back. True story.

That is wild.  Professors have a lot of power or perceived power and the ones that abuse it are horrible.

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree.
A quick story. My first year at UNL I took Anthropology 101. It was a cake class that basically all you had to do to pass was show up, evidenced by the fact that a lot of football players and athletes were also in it.  The professor was some wild liberal hippie with a ponytail down to his butt. He’d spend most classes whining how his colleagues were being persecuted in all these 3rd world backwater places. Well, I earned a solid B (3.0) in that class according to the predetermined scoring. End of semester d!ckhead gives me a 2.0. I go in to meet with him and see what’s up. He reviews all my grades and says yeah, you should have a 3.0……uh hold on, are you in a fraternity? I say yes. He says, oh that’s why, but since you came to see me I’ll change it back. True story.

Frat rats want all the special treatment.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

The grades are not the professors.  The grades are the students, those grades belong to them for the work that they did.  His/Her job is not to "play god" with the grades, his/her job is done, the class has been taught and the grades are recorded.  

Did a principal say this to you in your younger days?

Good on her, she was able to slip in that it was her birthday!   That shows that it really is about something other than her.  I bet today on the Gaza Strip they are celebrating her birthday for her.

I think this is day 2 of their hunger strike?  Keep going kids!  YOU CAN DO IT!

Oh and, Happy Birthday!

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It would be fun to set up a BBQ cooker right by these people.  Just close enough that they can smell it all day long while you sit there cooking. 

Then, sit there and enjoy a big slab of ribs. 

They're immunocompromised :laughpound

• Haha 2