Jump to content
Mavric

JUCO OLB Soni Fonua [LSU - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Player: Soni Fonua

Hometown: Salt Lake City, Utah

School: Mesa Community College

Position: Outside Linebacker, Defensive End

Height: 6-4

Weight: 260

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Arizona, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma State

Visits: 1/11/19

 

Twitter

 

247 Composite

 

Rivals: #24 JUCO WDE; :star:star:star 
247: #127 JUCO Overall; #11 JUCO SDE; :star:star:star 
ESPN

 

Hudl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Did you cave and make one or is there an official offer?

 

I feel pretty confident now that he has an offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

 

I feel pretty confident now that he has an offer

 

Poll says “what school will Henry commit ?  Who is Henry ?

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, huskersrule95 said:

 

Poll says “what school will Henry commit ?  Who is Henry ?

Mav is gettung a bit thin in the tooth.  I think he liked the name Henry as this is his second time he's done it haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

New revelations that we are close to getting Parker, I'm guessing, puts this offer as a back up plan.

 

 

Mmm Parker

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, huskersrule95 said:

Poll says “what school will Henry commit ?  Who is Henry ?

 

I have no idea what you're talking about.  I think you're making that up.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rocketlb said:

Quoting Unsportsmanlike Conduct drops now? lol

It is my favorite drop to this point. I couldn't help it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Parker and Njoku are their main targets. This kid, not sure in what order, especially if Parker commits. 

My guess is the order is:

1. Parker 

2. Njoku

3. Pola Moa

4. Starks

5. Houston

6. Fonua

7. Mayo

8. Bivens

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Murphinator said:

My guess is the order is:

1. Parker 

2. Njoku

3. Pola Moa

4. Starks

5. Houston

6. Fonua

7. Mayo

 

 

Being that we are going to take 3-4 more players, you could lump number 1 through 4all together.  5 through 7 are backups for 1 through 4.

 

I still question if I would want Njoku over Houston.  But....I'll say, I'll be happy with either one of them.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get two out of those first three — Mao highly likely — that would be a great success. So far with Frost, verses Osborne, Scott seems to finish stronger, where as Dr Tom seemed to come up a little short at the end, even with some of his better classes. But it’s possible we go one and three this time around, but I feel like two out of three, with the possibly we get all of them. Stay tune. 

  • Eyeroll 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

If we get two out of those first three — Mao highly likely — that would be a great success. So far with Frost, verses Osborne, Scott seems to finish stronger, where as Dr Tom seemed to come up a little short at the end, even with some of his better classes. But it’s possible we go one and three this time around, but I feel like two out of three, with the possibly we get all of them. Stay tune. 

Whoever is confused with my reply, I get that. Sorry. I am just pointing out there are no guarantees which way it will go — there are four ways this could go. I just feel like two out of three is the most likely — my opinion of course. Heck, Mao might surprise everyone and go to USC, and we go zero out of three. But Mao seems likely N and we get one of the other two. Yes, of course I want all three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Whoever is confused with my reply, I get that. Sorry. I am just pointing out there are no guarantees which way it will go — there are four ways this could go. I just feel like two out of three is the most likely — my opinion of course. Heck, Mao might surprise everyone and go to USC, and we go zero out of three. But Mao seems likely N and we get one of the other two. Yes, of course I want all three.

You followed recruiting in the 70s,80s and 90s? 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Murphinator said:

My guess is the order is:

1. Parker 

2. Njoku

3. Pola Moa

4. Starks

5. Houston

6. Fonua

7. Mayo

8. Bivens

 


I still think Jordan is a priority. Runs like a gazelle for his size 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You followed recruiting in the 70s,80s and 90s? 

Yes I did follow recruiting those years. If you disagree with me, fine. Go ahead and state the facts I am missing if you think I am wrong. I remember, especially in the ‘80s and the ‘90s, missing on some of those big recruits that went down to the wire and when it was between us and one other college — near misses. But Dr Tom still has some excellent classes regardless. In the ‘70s, I do remember the talent level with Osborne’s teams wasn’t quite as good, as that especially showed against Oklahoma. We started recruiting better in the ‘80s, and we won five out of 10 against OU. And then Dr Tom turned it up a notch on recruiting in the 90s, which produced Osborne’s most dominant teams on both sides of the ball.  

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

My guess is the order is:

1a. Parker    1b. Jordan     1c. Fonua

2a. Njoku     2b. Houston

3. Pola Mao

4. Starks

5. Bivens

 

I'd put it like this

 

If Starks doesn't want in, I wonder if they'd try to take both Parker and Jordan (with Njoku and Pola Mao) to help the OLB room.

 

I doubt it, but you never know. Probably more likely that they'd let Bivens commit.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I'd put it like this

 

If Starks doesn't want in, I wonder if they'd try to take both Parker and Jordan (with Njoku and Pola Mao) to help the OLB room.

 

I doubt it, but you never know. Probably more likely that they'd let Bivens commit.

Yeah. That is pretty much what I had. I just forgot about Jordan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a nice problem if more prospects want to commit than they have spots that are available. Then the coaches can pick and chose. Of course you run the risk of one signing with another school, but that is how recruiting happens sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would put Pola Mao at #1 on the list if these lists are who we will give a scholarship to and not just who we’d prefer.

 

If we made a promise to Pola-Gates, I don’t think we’re gonna break it. I think if Pola Mao wants N he’s N. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I would put Pola Mao at #1 on the list if these lists are who we will give a scholarship to and not just who we’d prefer.

 

If we made a promise to Pola-Gates, I don’t think we’re gonna break it. I think if Pola Mao wants N he’s N. 


Pola Mao > Soni Fonua 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ArkanSkers said:

Oklahoma State CB.........from an Oklahoma St guy FWIW

He's a ways down the list so this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 1:27 PM, ArkanSkers said:

Hey, guys. I’m just reporting the news. Don’t shoot the messenger!

I’d rather get Pola-Mao anyways. 

 

 

 

I don't think we're pursuing Pola-Mao any longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I don't think we're pursuing Pola-Mao any longer

That was also almost two weeks ago. A lot has changed since then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Murphinator said:

Grades are an issue with Pola-Moa

I know this. My original comment was almost two weeks ago, guys. I’m aware Nebraska and many others have quit pursuing due to grades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ArkanSkers said:

I know this. My original comment was almost two weeks ago, guys. I’m aware Nebraska and many others have quit pursuing due to grades. 

I don’t think all the comments are directed at you, just the one from pimpernel....

 

after that, they are just chiming in as people clearly refuse to read threads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Huskinator said:

I don’t think all the comments are directed at you, just the one from pimpernel....

 

after that, they are just chiming in as people clearly refuse to read threads. 

Pimpernel and murphinator both quoted me lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×