Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Dude loves to party but more than likely it is not interfering with his job...what it is interfering with is the boosters that LOVE TO sooooo much and know that TO frowns upon fun.

With that said, Moos is very much used to being an AD in a place where no one knows who he is and can go out and have fun.  That doesn't work as well in Lincoln.

But yet nobody, in the age of social media, takes a picture or video of the AD of the states biggest university passed out/embarrassing himself at a local bar? Hmm

• Plus1 3

There's a few ways to read that statement.

1) This whole thing was overblown, a product of offseason rumors and a bunch of people saying "I heard..." and the repeating of that appears to lend credence to the rumor. "A guy on HuskerBoard said..." and so on. There's nothing here, and we're offseasoning, that's all.

2) There's smoke, but no fire. Sam's article about Hoops referencing a "swoon" could have been hints dropped that local journos know about stuff going on with Moos. People connect real instances that are actually unconnected into a narrative that's not necessarily true, but not entirely untrue. There's something there, but it's not the something we thought.

3) There's fire, and they're concealing the smoke. Moos has the problem the rumors say he has, but they're not willing to cut ties with him yet, and this statement is their way of getting out ahead of it while Moos does whatever he has to do to get better. No termination now, but still possible if conditions aren't met. It's all true, but it's being handled internally.

I suppose we'll have to be patient. No news is probably good news for the next few weeks.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There's a few ways to read that statement.

1) This whole thing was overblown, a product of offseason rumors and a bunch of people saying "I heard..." and the repeating of that appears to lend credence to the rumor. "A guy on HuskerBoard said..." and so on. There's nothing here, and we're offseasoning, that's all.

2) There's smoke, but no fire. Sam's article about Hoops referencing a "swoon" could have been hints dropped that local journos know about stuff going on with Moos. People connect real instances that are actually unconnected into a narrative that's not necessarily true, but not entirely untrue. There's something there, but it's not the something we thought.

3) There's fire, and they're concealing the smoke. Moos has the problem the rumors say he has, but they're not willing to cut ties with him yet, and this statement is their way of getting out ahead of it while Moos does whatever he has to do to get better. No termination now, but still possible if conditions aren't met. It's all true, but it's being handled internally.

I suppose we'll have to be patient. No news is probably good news for the next few weeks.

You're forgetting one valuable piece of journalism.... Severe's cryptic tweet::D

20 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I wasn't getting defensive, just carrying on a conversation. And no, I don't. But I've always had the impression that he was highly thought of in the department....

I don't blame them either, but don't scoff at internet rumor mills, like it's something your profession is above.

Totally agree!

Severe and "valuable... journalism" don't belong in the same sentence.

NU's Bounds, Green reiterate support for AD Moos

Nebraska athletic director Bill Moos has made no bones in recent months about the fact that he wants to see consistency from Tim Miles and the Husker men's basketball program this year. 

Moos' bosses made it clear Tuesday morning that he's the man who will ultimately decide what happens with Miles -- and all other aspects of the NU athletics department -- moving forward. 

"In his first 15 months, Bill has done a great job guiding our Athletic Department," NU system president Hank Bounds and UNL chancellor Ronnie Green said in a joint statement issued Tuesday morning. "He has our full support, and we look forward to his continued strong leadership."

Early this week, a string of rumors, unsubstantiated by any media outlet, sprang up online. Typically, university officials wouldn't even go so far as to acknowledge unfounded gossip, but in this case it appears Bounds and Green felt it necessary to reiterate their support for Moos.

Moos is less than 16 months into a five-year contract that pays him $1,050,000 this year and calls for a $50,000 raise each year through the end of 2022. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯