Discontent in the AD?

Cdog923

12 hours ago, Enhance said:

I listened to 1620 on the way home from work today (around 5-ish) - Josh and John made at least two or three remarks about the station having come under fire thanks to Schaefer/Benning last week. They made it sound like they've received a lot of complaints, including some people saying they would no longer listen to the station, and then John even took a little bit of a dig at Schaefer. It was all sort of said in passing - they didn't devote much time to it.

Nonetheless, it seems like quite a few people are laying a significant portion of blame for this situation at 1620's feet. And, to some extent, I agree. It was an incredibly misguided move on their part. Factually reporting impropriety is one thing. Throwing vague accusations at the wall without any context or fact is something else entirely.

I used to listen to S&B on the morning commute, and USC in the afternoon, as well as engaging with them quite a bit on social media, but this left a sour enough of a taste in my mouth to listen much less frequently. 

Hey, whoever my new fan is, you may not like hearing the truth but Scott Frost wasn't the lock Hedley's Tall Tale suggests he was.  I know some don't like hearing it but it's true. 

-He had other offers, good offers 

-He had doubts about taking this job. It took secretly meeting, with Moos mind you, to set his mind at ease

-He didn't want to leave UCF just yet

-He got cold feet the closer it got

Ultimately he made the choice to take it BECAUSE the job wasn't coming around again with the right set of circumstances.  Believe whatever you want, believe that Tom called him home and he came running and it was that easy.  I really don't care.  But had he stayed at UCF and we ended up with a 3rd or 4th choice, he never ends up here.  So, ultimately, Moos wasn't just a monkey thrust into the job to hire Scott because HE wanted the job.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

Hey, whoever my new fan is, you may not like hearing the truth but Scott Frost wasn't the lock Hedley's Tall Tale suggests he was.  I know some don't like hearing it but it's true. 

-He had doubts about taking this job. It took secretly meeting, with Mood mind you, to set his mind at ease

-He didn't want to leave UCF

Ultimately he made the choice to take it BECAUSE the job wasn't coming around again with the right set of circumstances.  Believe whatever you want, believe that Tom called him home and he came running and it was that easy.  I really don't care.  But had he stayed at UCF and we ended up with a 3rd or 4th choice, he never ends up here.  So, ultimately, Moos wasn't just a monkey thrust into the job to hire Scott because HE wanted the job.

What kind of mood was it? 

1 minute ago, Redux said:

-He had doubts about taking this job. It took secretly meeting, with Mood mind you, to set his mind at ease

-He didn't want to leave UCF

Just what kind of mood are we talking about here?  :cheers:wasted

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

I used to listen to S&B on the morning commute, and USC in the afternoon, as well as engaging with them quite a bit on social media, but this left a sour enough of a taste in my mouth to listen much less frequently. 

Yeah, to be honest, I'm in the same boat. I was always lukewarm to the station after Kugler and Severe stopped working together. That was great radio. Sharpe is the best broadcaster at the station but I think the overall talent after that takes a considerable drop off. USC still feels like it's living off the coattails of what Kugler/Severe had, but people listen to it largely because it has been around for awhile and is Husker centric.

I think I'm going to start listening to the 590 afternoon folks more and see how that pans out.

• Plus1 3
On 1/29/2019 at 7:15 PM, Redux said:

You're claiming a Monkey could have come in and hired Frost just because Perlman and Eichorst were gone.  That is false.

Well....in alignment with what you're saying, it was mentioned when Pelini was fired that a monkey could win 9 games per year at Nebraska.

......so I guess I understand the precedence.

On 1/28/2019 at 11:37 AM, seaofred92 said:

FWIW I heard this is officially done and Moos will be removed. 

So, where did you hear this? (rhetorical question) I'd be extremely skeptical of that source from here on out and probably wouldn't share what they tell me.

Edit- Sorry, I shouldn't have singled you out on this. It was just the first post in the thread I came across. Many others said basically the same thing after you. Goes to show how an unfounded rumor can quickly escalate and the damage it can do.

If we were able to trace this whole deal back to patient zero, I think all we find is A) one booster who may have a slight problem with anyone consuming alcohol or B) one occurence of Moos possibly having one too many drinks. Yet look what it grew to. Something about bearing false witness...good rule to live by.

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

So, where did you hear this? (rhetorical question) I'd be extremely skeptical of that source from here on out and probably wouldn't share what they tell me.

Edit- Sorry, I shouldn't have singled you out on this. It was just the first post in the thread I came across. Many others said basically the same thing after you. Goes to show how an unfounded rumor can quickly escalate and the damage it can do.

If we were able to trace this whole deal back to patient zero, I think all we find is A) one booster who may have a slight problem with anyone consuming alcohol or B) one occurence of Moos possibly having one too many drinks. Yet look what it grew to. Something about bearing false witness...good rule to live by.

Its fine. I am close with some people that get good information for various reasons. I don't pretend to know everything but I'll pass along what I'm told from time to time. Note I prefaced it with "fwiw"