Read THIS and tell me Wisconsin should not be our main Rival

Talked to a group of friends over lunch today.  All of us have been Husker Fans since the late 80s.  I asked them if we could only guarantee one win between Wisconsin and Colorado, the answer was unanimous - Kick Colorado's butt.... and run the score up.  You switch Colorado for Texas or Oklahoma and answers would likely differ but the reality is Wisconsin just isn't to that level yet with a good portion of our fan base.  They have embarrassed us a couple times but so have a lot of other over the same period of time.  I think it is difficult to consider anyone a rival until you are good.  When you're bad, (like Baylor was back in the day and like we have been recently) you just struggle to develop the strong emotions necessary to build an opponent up to rivalry status.  

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Talked to a group of friends over lunch today.  All of us have been Husker Fans since the late 80s.  I asked them if we could only guarantee one win between Wisconsin and Colorado, the answer was unanimous - Kick Colorado's butt.... and run the score up.  You switch Colorado for Texas or Oklahoma and answers would likely differ but the reality is Wisconsin just isn't to that level yet with a good portion of our fan base.  They have embarrassed us a couple times but so have a lot of other over the same period of time.  I think it is difficult to consider anyone a rival until you are good.  When you're bad, (like Baylor was back in the day and like we have been recently) you just struggle to develop the strong emotions necessary to build an opponent up to rivalry status.  

Are you saying we’re like Baylor was?

3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

For me ... this view would keep us stuck on the past.

To really move forward ... the most important win is to beat Wisky.  They are in our own side of conference.  We must learn to win the Wisky and Iowa teams and then take on OSU, Mich and Penn St. and make this our rivalry (as we step on Wisky and Iowa each year).  

I don't really hate the Buff's ... we've beaten them up pretty good through the years except for a few.  They should hate us.

For me, I'm wanting to get restored so our main rivalry is the OSU/Mich/Penn St. team to beat.  I don't care which of these teams becomes our rivalry ... I just want :bigredn: to be the rivalry game for them ... because we are always in the B1G championship game and win it!