Ohio State Week Pressers

Mavric

3 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

Nice one! While Grundy has had a few good ones, and sports a mullet, Mike Leach is a gem in every interview he does. He’s my favorite head coach other than Frost of course. The mad hatter is another good one 

A few good ones? He told a reporter he shouldn't be allowed on the press call this week.  And the guy said thanks after he got roasted.  It's hilarious

• Haha 1

I just like how Scott answers questions. He's great at reframing a question he doesn't like with his reply. The best part (IMHO) was the pained look that momentarily crosses his face when asked when they will wear the alternative uniforms. (He answers "Down the road." I believe.). I initially took that pained look to mean "I've got far bigger concerns this week than what uniforms we will be wearing." I still think that is the right read. But it is ALSO possible that they ARE to be worn for this week's matchup against OSU (and he was pained that somebody brought it up, risking the surprise). It was OSU that wore black against Nebraska last year:
https://local12.com/sports/osu-buckeyes/ohio-state-to-wear-black-uniforms-when-they-host-nebraska-on-november-3

ISU wore black in an October night game last year and upset then No. 6 West Virginia. https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/cyclone-insider/2018/10/13/iowa-state-30-no-6-west-virginia-14-what-we-learned-isu-upset/1634674002/

Frankly, I don't think the players need any extra incentives (or distractions) for this weeks game, like worrying about the black uniforms. Media types would also have a field day with the funeral color of mourning if the Huskers ended up losing to OSU on Saturday.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

If we lose, everyone thought we would anyway.   Come back on Monday and get ready for Northwestern.

And come back with some more growth & experience and ready to blow through a stretch of four completely winnable games. That's where I'm at. This game being situated towards the start of conference play might mess with some fans' minds, but as long as it doesn't get into our team's heads if we lose, it's no big deal.

Wisconsin will almost certainly lose to Ohio State when they play late on 10/26. So we'll probably be "even" there with Wisconsin as far as that goes. And even if they don't, if we win out we win the division.

If we can get over the turnovers on offense, I see no reason that we can't be a team that's right there challenging Wisconsin for the division.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

I just like how Scott answers questions. He's great at reframing a question he doesn't like with his reply. The best part (IMHO) was the pained look that momentarily crosses his face when asked when they will wear the alternative uniforms. (He answers "Down the road." I believe.). I initially took that pained look to mean "I've got far bigger concerns this week than what uniforms we will be wearing." I still think that is the right read. But it is ALSO possible that they ARE to be worn for this week's matchup against OSU (and he was pained that somebody brought it up, risking the surprise). It was OSU that wore black against Nebraska last year:
https://local12.com/sports/osu-buckeyes/ohio-state-to-wear-black-uniforms-when-they-host-nebraska-on-november-3

ISU wore black in an October night game last year and upset then No. 6 West Virginia. https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/cyclone-insider/2018/10/13/iowa-state-30-no-6-west-virginia-14-what-we-learned-isu-upset/1634674002/

Frankly, I don't think the players need any extra incentives (or distractions) for this weeks game, like worrying about the black uniforms. Media types would also have a field day with the funeral color of mourning if the Huskers ended up losing to OSU on Saturday.

All black uniforms worked out well for purdue and iowa vs OSU the past two years. 

919bf58d-7506-4667-845b-4fc9befd4ec9-PUR

th?id=OIP.8rVOuqccV1SmMrOgA_sJegHaFj&pid

• Plus1 1