*** 2019 Game 5 "Expert" Picks: Ohio State At Nebraska ***

Saunders

50 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

21 points seems like a reasonable spread for a top 5 team vs. a top 30-35 team (if that highly ranked).  OSU respects our program and usually gives us their best game.  They will do everything they can to blow us out so I doubt this will be one of their letdown games.   I wouldn't be upset over a 21 point loss unless all of our points are in garbage time.  That means we were somewhat competitive but were beat by a much better team.  Of course a close game would be a better result and provide hope for the future.

Illinois getting 15 TFL is concerning.  Something other than bad O-line play is going on and OSU will exploit whatever it is even more.

The 15 TFL is concerning, but Illinois's DL isn't a slouch. I believe Betiku Jr leads the nation or close to it in TFL. We've gotta do better to stop tOSU, but that was probably the best DL we've seen to date and we still moved the ball well. 

32 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

The 15 TFL is concerning, but Illinois's DL isn't a slouch. I believe Betiku Jr leads the nation or close to it in TFL. We've gotta do better to stop tOSU, but that was probably the best DL we've seen to date and we still moved the ball well. 

They’re a tremendous slouch. They currently rank 72nd. We need to get a lot better very quickly. 

We’ve looked like crap a lot 

They’ve dominated a lot. 

They’ve steamrolled 

We’ve struggled 

I like us cuz we been in the fire. 

I like them cuz they’re polished. 

I like us at home, been tested

I don’t like them cuz they been easy 

I like us cuz we wear Scarlett and Cream 

I don’t like them cuz they have stickers 

if we play mostly mistake free, I like us 

if we give them turnovers and penalties I like them

we can win cuz we can, that’s why the games are played. 

Ol Memorial will be rollin. 

N 31

tOSU 30

• Plus1 3

9 hours ago, CapoValley said:

They’re a tremendous slouch. They currently rank 72nd. We need to get a lot better very quickly. 

Ok that's fine that their 72nd and I said we need to get better. But Betiku is basically tied with or leading Young statistically. The rest of the line doesn't match tOSU I get that, but my point was this isn't USA's DL. We put up almost 700 yards on the best DL we've faced which means we've improved a lot from week 1. 

9 hours ago, CapoValley said:

They're 72nd in rushing defense but they are 1st in team tackles for loss.  They are averaging 11.5 tackles for loss per game.  So no, I do not think their defensive linemen are slouches.  Maybe the rest of their defense is but their line must be doing something right.

Interestingly enough, OSU is 2nd.  

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

They're 72nd in rushing defense but they are 1st in team tackles for loss.  They are averaging 11.5 tackles for loss per game.  So no, I do not think their defensive linemen are slouches.  Maybe the rest of their defense is but their line must be doing something right.

Interestingly enough, OSU is 2nd.  

And we're tied for 8th! I don't have the numbers to back me up, but TFLs also feel like one of those measures that a Frost offense will never be great at. It's a big play offense, and you run some risks with that. I think it needs to be better for sure, but there's just always the potential for a quick screen to be blown up or the wrong read on an option. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ok that's fine that their 72nd and I said we need to get better. But Betiku is basically tied with or leading Young statistically. The rest of the line doesn't match tOSU I get that, but my point was this isn't USA's DL. We put up almost 700 yards on the best DL we've faced which means we've improved a lot from week 1. 

It’s just that I think the mismatch up front (on both sides of the ball) is where we are going to exposed. Looking at the depth they’ve stacked there is downright frightening. 

And to your point I will admit that Illinois defenders were hitting our guys like runaway dump trucks last week. 

Just now, CapoValley said:

It’s just that I think the mismatch up front (on both sides of the ball) is where we are going to exposed. Looking at the depth they’ve stacked there is downright frightening. 

And to your point I will admit that Illinois defenders were hitting our guys like runaway dump trucks last week. 

Its just that you said that Illinois sucked but actually you were completely wrong and they lead the nation in the stat we were discussing. Way to move the goalposts

• Thanks 2