The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

9 minutes ago, Apsu said:

I am no expert in these matters, but when I see this i see smoke. And where there is smoke there is often fire.

I support an investigation into the impeachment of Trump, and I would also like to see a qui--pro-quo investigation on Biden's role here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Shokin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Biden

if i am reading this correctly....joe tried to get hunters boss fired.  and that somehow was suppose to help hunter?

13 hours ago, ZRod said:

@Apsu

Again, a small investigation could be done into the Biden connection, but nothing will be found. At this point with all the information that is available it makes zero since for the Biden's to want the prosecutor gone. He was notorious for stonewalling corruption investigations, and it seems he could have been easily paid off. Why risk, in fact demand, that Ukraine bring in someone who was serious about fighting corruption if you think they may come after your team???

I agree, a small investigation would be warranted. And as i said earlier nothing will be found because moneyed interests will prevent that. But it may be enough to knock Joe Biden out of the race, which would be a good thing.

Poor Ukraine will remain corrupt, regardless if the government is pro-NATO or pro-Russia. It is a buffer state between east and west, and unfortunately more proxy wars will be fought there. The status of the Crimea will not change.

2 minutes ago, commando said:

if i am reading this correctly....joe tried to get hunters boss fired.  and that somehow was suppose to help hunter?

Why was the son of the US VP placed on the board of directors of a company under investigation at $50,000 per month?

His role and its influences should be investigated.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Apsu said:

Why was the son of the US VP placed on the board of directors of a company under investigation at $50,000 per month?

His role and its influences should be investigated.

i just wonder what joe had to gain by placing his sons lucrative job at risk by going after his boss?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, commando said:

i just wonder what joe had to gain by placing his sons lucrative job at risk by going after his boss?

As I posted earlier, through the IMF Ukrainian assets were sold off to the west for pennies on the dollar.

That was where the real money was, and i honestly don't know if Joe/Hunter had a role in it through his influence. That is why I would like to see an investigation.

15 minutes ago, Apsu said:

I agree, a small investigation would be warranted. And as i said earlier nothing will be found because moneyed interests will prevent that. But it may be enough to knock Joe Biden out of the race, which would be a good thing.

Poor Ukraine will remain corrupt, regardless if the government is pro-NATO or pro-Russia. It is a buffer state between east and west, and unfortunately more proxy wars will be fought there. The status of the Crimea will not change.

Nothing will be found because the evidence that has been presented so far shows that it would make zero sense for Joe to do what he did if he wanted to enrich his son.

4 minutes ago, Apsu said:

As I posted earlier, through the IMF Ukrainian assets were sold off to the west for pennies on the dollar.

That was where the real money was, and i honestly don't know if Joe/Hunter had a role in it through his influence. That is why I would like to see an investigation.

Do you have a source for these accusations?

• Plus1 1
Just now, ZRod said:

Nothing will be found because the evidence that has been presented so far shows that it would make zero sense for Joe to do what he did if he wanted to enrich his son.

Do you have a source for these accusations?

Probably not that I could find without a lot of effort. I read up on the political changes post-Maidan, and most of sources I would have used were buried by search engine algorythems.

It's a good thing I'm immune to distraction over this non-issue. :D

Former Ukraine prosecutor says he saw no evidence of wrongdoing by Biden

Ukraine’s former top law enforcement official says he repeatedly rebuffed demands by President Trump’s personal lawyer to investigate Joe Biden and his son, insisting he had seen no evidence of wrongdoing that he could pursue.

In an interview, Yuri Lutsenko said while he was Ukraine’s prosecutor general he told Rudolph W. Giuliani that he would be happy to cooperate if the FBI or other U.S. authorities began their own investigation of the former vice president and his son Hunter but insisted they had not broken any Ukrainian laws to his knowledge.

Lutsenko, who was fired as prosecutor general last month, said he had urged Giuliani to launch a U.S. inquiry and go to court if he had any evidence but not to use Ukraine to conduct a political vendetta that could affect the U.S. election.

“I said, ‘Let’s put this through prosecutors, not through presidents,’ ” Lutsenko told The Times.

“I told him I could not start an investigation just for the interests of an American official,” he said.

The revelations are at the heart of the House impeachment inquiry into whether Trump improperly delayed congressionally mandated military aid to Ukraine while urging leaders there to help find dirt on his political opponents to boost his 2020 reelection bid.

Lutsenko said he met Giuliani twice in person and had numerous conversations with him on the phone. He described the former New York mayor as obsessed with possible misconduct by Biden or his son Hunter.

Both Bidens have denied any wrongdoing, and no evidence has emerged to suggest they broke U.S. laws.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Ok but while that may not be in Ukraines best interest I don't see it as being illegal or corrupt if that was the US's objective

2 hours ago, Apsu said:

Probably not that I could find without a lot of effort. I read up on the political changes post-Maidan, and most of sources I would have used were buried by search engine algorythems.

I'm sure you could search the sites you previously used.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm immune to distraction over this non-issue.

200w.webp?cid=790b7611c029012f0c5326dbb3

We need a lot of "immunity" on this discussion.  Bring on the nurse.

Using Lindsey Graham's words    the Biden thing is  a huge 'nothing burger'.    

Long and short - Trump is still trying to seek revenge on anyone and anything associated wt the Obama admin.  Trump has no place to hide, so he hides behind false accusations - trying to divert our attention else where.  His media clowns are all to happy to assist - 1. to defend their cult leader and 2 Drive up their own ratings.    Anyone who has Rudy has their personal lawyer and spokesperson has to have their judgement questioned.  Trump has shown poor judgement in policy, staffing choices, and in so many of his decisions as president.  His decision to bribe the Ukraine President will be the final blow to his administration.   

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK...from what I gather, Biden (as VP) pushed for the prosecutor to be fired.  This was the common theme throughout all of our European Allies.  Not just Biden or the US.  This also was two years before Hunter started on the board of directors.

So.....What exact crime is being alleged here?

I just want to clarify here, cuz I've seen it posted a couple times - Biden was only the messenger.  He happened to be the voice that day.  The Obama administration, as well as the governments of other nations and the Ukraine wanted that guy gone based on his actions.  This wasn't something Joe headed out to do inbetween work obligations - it was as a representative of the US as well as other nations.

15 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I just want to clarify here, cuz I've seen it posted a couple times - Biden was only the messenger.  He happened to be the voice that day.  The Obama administration, as well as the governments of other nations and the Ukraine wanted that guy gone based on his actions.  This wasn't something Joe headed out to do inbetween work obligations - it was as a representative of the US as well as other nations.

Yes....two years before his son was put on the board. 

Again, can someone tell me what are the crimes he allegedly broke?

• Thanks 1