Khalil Davis Suspended for Northwestern

knapplc

This was most likely submitted by Ohio State from their end zone film.   Teams can select plays from the game from their own tapes of the game and submit them to the league for interpretation of penalties, complaints about said officiating, unsportsmanlike actions, etc.  The league can then usher suspensions on said plays if they deem it necessary.  Obviously this one was pretty bad and blatant

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

What has happened to this sport? It's football for Christ sake. There's going to be a punch thrown now and then. You take your 15 yard penalty and go back to work. Unless this was a Suh hand stomp or something like that, this is total pansy bullsh#t.

It way worse than a pansy hand stomp. If you’re an MMA fan basically he dove on him intentionally and then got side mount on the lineman and cracked with a short right hand to the jaw under the face mask 

55 minutes ago, Huskadeez said:

It way worse than a pansy hand stomp. If you’re an MMA fan basically he dove on him intentionally and then got side mount on the lineman and cracked with a short right hand to the jaw under the face mask 

Is there video of this somewhere.....in this thread? I didn't see it in the game broadcast but I also haven't read this whole thread. The initial discussion was nobody had seen it but apparently you have, so where is it?

This is why I like hockey. Somebody gets out of line and the players take care of it on the ice. I realize our players need to keep their cool but after you've been blatantly held quite a few times with no flag, it might be time to pop somebody in the mouth. Not saying it doesn't deserve a penalty but a game suspension by the league...yeah, I want to see what earned that.

4 hours ago, Huskadeez said:

If you watch the Nebraska Football Show with Scott Frost you can see the play where the incident took place in the first play they showed. It happens at the end of the play, Mo Barry gets hit by the OSU lineman and falls down.  Davis seeing this jumps onto the OSU lineman and then throws a huge right hand when the OSU player is down on his stomach. It’s hard to see ,but it was a big punch and honestly he’s lucky to get just a one game suspension. If they had seen it happen live then he would’ve been kicked out of the game and suspended this week too. 

Okay, I see your explanation now. Like I said originally, it's football, lots of not nice things happen out there. The whole sport has been pussified.

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Okay, I see your explanation now. Like I said originally, it's football, lots of not nice things happen out there. The whole sport has been pussified.

I agree. Not saying I didn’t like what he did lol!! We need more of that on the team anyway, just don’t get caught! Plus you never know what happened the play before to make him do that. 

41 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Is there video of this somewhere.....in this thread? I didn't see it in the game broadcast but I also haven't read this whole thread. The initial discussion was nobody had seen it but apparently you have, so where is it?

This is why I like hockey. Somebody gets out of line and the players take care of it on the ice. I realize our players need to keep their cool but after you've been blatantly held quite a few times with no flag, it might be time to pop somebody in the mouth. Not saying it doesn't deserve a penalty but a game suspension by the league...yeah, I want to see what earned that.

No I haven’t seen that video anywhere in this thread yet. It’s on the Nebraska football show with Scott Frost where you can barely see it. I think they use a different tape than the game telecast for that show 

5 hours ago, Huskadeez said:

If you watch the Nebraska Football Show with Scott Frost you can see the play where the incident took place in the first play they showed. It happens at the end of the play, Mo Barry gets hit by the OSU lineman and falls down.  Davis seeing this jumps onto the OSU lineman and then throws a huge right hand when the OSU player is down on his stomach. It’s hard to see ,but it was a big punch and honestly he’s lucky to get just a one game suspension. If they had seen it happen live then he would’ve been kicked out of the game and suspended this week too. 

Lol if this is true then maybe Davis and Barry should work on not getting sent into outer space off the line. 

You're getting pancaked so you throw a cheap shot. That’s not football. No wonder Frost made that statement. He knows.