*** Official Northwestern Game Thread ***

Mavric

1 minute ago, hskrfan4life said:

People love the backup QB. There is a reason why he isn't starting.

That's one of those absolutes that people throw out to set up a straw man. Are you really telling me that no backups in the history of football were better than the starter? Have fun defending that one. 

In deed!   Our kicker scored 7 points.  Rest of team- 6.  Thank goodness Noah Vedral was a 'team' player to never complain, transfer away from NU or otherwise, and just patiently and unselfishly wait in the wings (in the shadows really) for his 15 minutes of fame and saves the day!   His performance was exceptional under the pressure and circumstances.   The rest of the team playing like deer in the headlights and he calmly goes in and leads a couple solid possessions, without major error and makes a couple great plays to avoid sacks, etc. and good throw on a critical down.   Managed the clock perfectly, etc.   He's a gamer! 

• Plus1 1

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

In deed!   Our kicker scored 7 points.  Rest of team- 6.  Thank goodness Noah Vedral was a 'team' player to never complain, transfer away from NU or otherwise, and just patiently and unselfishly wait in the wings (in the shadows really) for his 15 minutes of fame and saves the day!   His performance was exceptional under the pressure and circumstances.   The rest of the team playing like deer in the headlights and he calmly goes in and leads a couple solid possessions, without major error and makes a couple great plays to avoid sacks, etc. and good throw on a critical down.   Managed the clock perfectly, etc.   He's a gamer! 

He transferred to here why would he transfer away? Lol I mean come on I'm glad he is here but he poses no threat to transfer

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Rich N said:

That's one of those absolutes that people throw out to set up a straw man. Are you really telling me that no backups in the history of football were better than the starter? Have fun defending that one. 

I agree. I mean, Tommie Frazier was a backup too. Gotta start somewhere.

Just now, BoNeyard said:

Martinez was still limping walking off the field. Given his previous injuries, my guess is Vedral gets the start next week vs Minnesota.

A little ironic. I think Taylor Martinez got hurt either before or during the MN game in 2013 and Tommie Armstrong took over.

• Plus1 1