Post Minnesota Game Thoughts/Rest of the season

Decked

20 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Time will tell, but we are years away and last night will happen again, probably at a minimum of 2 more times this season and those games could be even worse.

I agree we just need to be patient. I dont think we have any real choice we have been a revolving door for head coaches as of late. Hopefully this staff can figure it out and I think they can. 

6 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Riley didn't hire Diaco.  Our AD and a couple of boosters did.  Could it be possible that this program would be in better shape had Riley and his staff been left alone?  They did go 9-4 prior to Diaco's hiring.

Riley did bring in ole pick 6 Lee though

6 hours ago, Celsus said:

Low point of the Frost era for sure. Even with the 0-6 start, it was year one and things improved from there. This year feels like stagnation with Riley's upper classmen stinking up the joint

They aren't even here to stink it up

14 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Frost needs to look in the mirror over the bye week. His whole operation is mediocre. His mentor, Chip Kelly, is a f#&%ing disaster at UCLA. Coach like Tom not like Chip.

SF gives way more credit to TO then CK - can you explain how you came up with the above?

• Plus1 2

I don’t follow recruiting that well. Reading my emails and posts on here lead me to believe we’re getting the guys we’re going after. My question is are we going after lineman? I don’t typically think of going the juco route for lineman, but is that bring talked about? 

and what’s our status for the early signing period. Will we have most of our class signed by then? 

For what it's worth...Minnesota football coach Murray Warmath was lynched in effigy on the Minnesota campus in 1959, when the Gophers went 2-7.  Then in '60 and '61 the Gophers went to the Rose Bowl, and were crowned national champs following the '60 season.

Virginia Tech football coach Frank Beamer posted a losing record four times in his first six years in VT before piling up 13 seasons of ten or eleven wins in the next 17 years.

Don't get down on Frost in the early going.  He'll get it together if you're patient.

• Plus1 3

I'd like the people who are saying on paper we have the talent to go back and look at our classes and you should very easily be able to see where this team would be struggling. There just isn't the talent at LB, WR, and a couple big names on the online but not enough to start 5.

I know we are Nebraska so everyone just wants to say oline is the only thing you need on the field but the bigger problem to me is WR. We don't pose a downfield threat to anyone and it let's defenses play up in the box and react to runs easily.  We could probably run a power offense keep games closer and grind it out but if that's not what we want to do moving forward there is no point. And yes you could go tell OSU that spread won't work in the B10. 

1 hour ago, everybody knows my name said:

For what it's worth...Minnesota football coach Murray Warmath was lynched in effigy on the Minnesota campus in 1959, when the Gophers went 2-7.  Then in '60 and '61 the Gophers went to the Rose Bowl, and were crowned national champs following the '60 season.

Virginia Tech football coach Frank Beamer posted a losing record four times in his first six years in VT before piling up 13 seasons of ten or eleven wins in the next 17 years.

Don't get down on Frost in the early going.  He'll get it together if you're patient.

No one on this board is calling for Frost’s head...No one...however, Frost must soon realize that he and his team of coaches do not have the full respect of this team because instead of coaching these players and exercising some tough love...they choose to pamper them and let them feel like there are no consequences for their stupid actions. Why else would Khalil Davis continue to commit stupid undisciplined unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Our OL is overwhelmed against any team with a pulse. So, two years in, what exactly have these coaches who are being paid VERY GENEROUSLY accomplished...we are still getting blown out by supposedly inferior teams.