Indiana Week Pressers

Red Five

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ha!  No s#!t?

So...NOT playing doesn't make you better?  This sort of is the opposite of what a lot of fans thought.

You don't sit your best guy because you think it will help him get better...you sit your best guy if he is sucking in HOPES that the backup does something awesome...and if he does...you keep him in.  

• Plus1 5

Just now, Mavric said:

Let me use my coach translator:  The guys we still have are like...really good people and stuff.  I with that Devine was still here though...and Mo...I also wish we had Bo Jackson...but like...that Wyatt kid is good, sort of, and well fans seem to like him, I get emails about how he should be playing more, so."

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Ulty said:

Wait...Don't all players put on street clothes after practice?

I admit that is kind of ambiguous but that's how it was phrased.  :dunno

Now the report is he "returned" to practice today.  So getting closer, hopefully.  Coaches are hopeful he plays this weekend.

7 hours ago, Ulty said:

Wait...Don't all players put on street clothes after practice?

When they interview players after practice the players are still in pads a lot of times, so I assume they saw Wan'dale in street clothes then.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  No s#!t?

So...NOT playing doesn't make you better?  This sort of is the opposite of what a lot of fans thought.

You don't sit your best guy because you think it will help him get better...you sit your best guy if he is sucking in HOPES that the backup does something awesome...and if he does...you keep him in.  

I agree with you, but there were fans (some on this board) suggesting Martinez would be better for sitting, and even suggesting pulling him for series in the game. Not just because maybe Vedral would do something, but because they thought it would somehow make things click for Martinez.

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

Now I know that Verduzco is not a good coach. I completely disagree with him and I have a feeling that Martinez will come back stronger now that he sat and watched the game from the sideline. My worries though are related to the OL which seems to be regressing rather than improving. Fingers crossed that the team realizes the importance of this game and they come out and play their hearts out.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Now I know that Verduzco is not a good coach. I completely disagree with him and I have a feeling that Martinez will come back stronger now that he sat and watched the game from the sideline. My worries though are related to the OL which seems to be regressing rather than improving. Fingers crossed that the team realizes the importance of this game and they come out and play their hearts out.

Oh boy......

• Plus1 1
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:10 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

Plenty of coaches will say if they've had bad or frustrating practices, or voice general concern about the focus and intensity of the team. 

Maybe they're being honest, and honesty is generally preferable.

If they're saying it to the press, they may also be sending a message to the team: I'm not going to sugarcoat this for your benefit.

If this goes on too long, you've got a culture problem. 

If you tell me you had great practices then lay an egg in every phase of the game as happened with Minn I'm left thinking that either you're full of it or you aren't practicing what/how you should. Neither is a good look. I agree,  just give it to us straight good, bad or meh. If players don't like it getting out that practice was crappy then they should avoid having crappy practices.