*** Official Indiana Game Thread ***

Mavric

We just one notch above Kansas right now in terms of talent and product on the field.  Don't care what the recruiting numbers say, just watching whats on the field for both teams and truthfully we not that far above them in terms of anything.  Is that all on coaching?  I don't think so.  

3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Please list the recruits and the past 5 years and update us.

Ahhhh, memories.

Maybe 4.

So it’s lack of talent that makes teams commit stupid penalties. Over and over again?

So it’s our lack of talent that puts our middle linebacker. I said middle, not an outside guy, one on one against the other team’s best wide receiver? Out in space. 

Its lack of talent that we dont don’t bring any extra pressure on their mediocre QB until late in the game. Because keeping our talentless back 7 back there covering for five or six seconds is always a recipe for success. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 4

Now, I will say that if Frost doesn't adapt to the Big 10, this may not work.  Adapt on both sides of the ball.  That either happens with recruiting the right players or coaching a style that we can recruit too.  Right now we are watching players, play in an offense that most weren't recruited to do.  So many unknowns right now.  Is it the coaches or is it the players who just can't do what the coaches are asking..............Is it a combo of all of it?

12 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

So it’s lack of talent that makes teams commit stupid penalties. Over and over again?

So it’s our lack of talent that puts our middle linebacker. I said middle, not an outside guy, one on one against the other team’s best wide receiver? Out in space. 

Its lack of talent that we dont don’t bring any extra pressure on their mediocre QB until late in the game. Because keeping our talentless back 7 back there covering for five or six seconds is always a recipe for success. 

Don't forget a 10 yard cushion on fourth and 7.

17 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

It is.

• Haha 2

And if your defense has shown they can’t stop the other team’s offense, and you’re down to your 3rd string QB, is it maybe time to not go so much tempo?  Maybe give them a couple less possessions, maybe we commit a couple less false starts or illegal formations?

The thing to me is, what we’re doing isn’t working. At least try to do something different. Change something. 

Just now, TheSker said:

It is.

Yes, talent of the staff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

And if your defense has shown they can’t stop the other team’s offense, and you’re down to your 3rd string QB, is it maybe time to not go so much tempo?  Maybe give them a couple less possessions, maybe we commit a couple less false starts or illegal formations?

The thing to me is, what we’re doing isn’t working. At least try to do something different. Change something. 

Yes, talent of the staff. 

Fire 'em.

All of 'em.

It's nuthin' new at 'Braska.

1 hour ago, huskerfan74 said:

I am not ready to give up on Frost yet. I actually believe that he has what it takes to turn things around...However, I have lost complete faith in his supporting cast...they are incompetent 

They aren't doing their job when Frost has to talk to the players about boneheaded plays.  When Frost has to roam the sideline to find players and talk to them, someone is not doing their job.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

What players of ours are good? Please let us all know. I wanna hear it. Your best 2 players today were true freshmen 

I only saw 2 players on offense do anything or even look like they were trying to do anything while I was watching.  Nebraska football is great plays caused by great blocking.  Not once did you hear the announcers point out someone making a great block.  Yards were gained by individual effort of those players.

• Plus1 1

It's a (right now) toxic combination of lack of senior leadership (speaks to Riley leaving the cupboard bare), horrible fundamentals, current coaching not adapting in real time,  transitioning to new systems, play calling a little predictable, injuries and the lack of the Nebraska want to.   Being defeated in the trenches on both sides of the bal l.   The pass rush has nothing to do with coaching, they can improve technique sure but there was 0 fire.    There are no Trev's  Danny's, Barrett's or LaVonte's out there on the black (and blue) shirts.

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

The linebackers are garbage, the d-line stinks and we don’t seem to be able to tackle very well

I wouldn’t put it all on the players. It looks like Avery Roberts is having a great year at Oregon State. Watched the UCLA, STANFORD, and Cal games. He’s balling out! Announcers talk that he is one of the best in the conference and will be on the All PAC-12 team as a sophomore this year.  My understanding was that our coaching staff didn’t think he had the potential, yet he’s performing well. In 6 games he has 43 tackles, 2 sacks, and 4.5 TFL. Makes me think is it really the players, the system or the coaches?

4 hours ago, TheSker said:

Fire 'em.

All of 'em.

It's nuthin' new at 'Braska.

Tough time reading?  You won’t, and haven’t, seen me say a thing about firing. 

Simply saying that sometimes you can’t always do exactly what you want, the way you want to do it, every game. Stubbornness sometimes is akin to the definition of insanity. Sometimes you have to adapt or change. 

And in regards to the past firings, which ones were not the right decisions?  Seems the hiring has been the issue.