Iowa Week Pressers

Mavric

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

I am full on in support of Frost, but what he had was 4 games to use Johnson which he bungled. He had 2 scholarships for RBs this year go to waste because one left the program and the other was an injury RS when he was inked. I'm all aboard the Ronald Tompkins hype train, but it is squarly on Frost that we have exactly 1 scholarship RB to work with Friday. That is also a part of coaching. I believe we can win with the guys we have but it doesn't help when we do this to ourselves. 

Actually might be more on Held - at least one of those games it was sort of the McCaffrey situation where the RB had to come out for a play and Rahmir went in. I don't think Frost decides who is next up, although you can argue he has to make sure Held understands. Quite possible they just called for an RB and Rahmir went, I dunno. But it was not handled well.

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Actually might be more on Held - at least one of those games it was sort of the McCaffrey situation where the RB had to come out for a play and Rahmir went in. I don't think Frost decides who is next up, although you can argue he has to make sure Held understands. Quite possible they just called for an RB and Rahmir went, I dunno. But it was not handled well.

Definetly Held involved there too. We will survive this and they will learn from it. Another part of it is they likely thought Washington would be available when the deployed Jobnson earlier in the year. A year from now we will have enough depth that this won't be an issue so maybe I am being too hard on the coaches. There was zilch at RB when they got here besides Zig.

Side note, wasn't Ozigbo a Pelini recruit? Man Reggie Davis SUCKED!

3 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Side note, wasn't Ozigbo a Pelini recruit? Man Reggie Davis SUCKED!

Crediting Ozigbo's recruiting is a little weird. He was actually recruited by Charlton Warren, during the few months he worked on Riley's staff. So basically, he was recruited by one of Pelini's assistants, during the Riley era.

Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind hearing Warren's inner thoughts on his time working with those two coaches, like what his impression of Riley and the way he was going to run the program was like, vs what Bo did.

• Thanks 1

Cold, wet, and windy Friday......Perfect weather for a physical slug fest.  IMHO, the toughest team wins.  Not the best.  The past 4 games, Iowa ran through us like a hot knife through butter.  D best be ready to be hit in the mouth repeatedly.  Just hope they are ready to punch back.  Hope Frost has some old school grind it out magic if the chunk plays don't work in the weather......

Hoping Wan'dale is healthy.  If I was Frost, even though it might have not been his plan, I'd burn Johnson's shirt if it would get us the win....(I know nothing is guaranteed)

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, lo country said:

Cold, wet, and windy Friday......Perfect weather for a physical slug fest.  IMHO, the toughest team wins.  Not the best.  The past 4 games, Iowa ran through us like a hot knife through butter.  D best be ready to be hit in the mouth repeatedly.  Just hope they are ready to punch back.  Hope Frost has some old school grind it out magic if the chunk plays don't work in the weather......

Hoping Wan'dale is healthy.  If I was Frost, even though it might have not been his plan, I'd burn Johnson's shirt if it would get us the win....(I know nothing is guaranteed)

Iowa hasn't scored very much on any P5 team other than putting up 30 on a horrid Rutgers squad and their rushing attack has been underwhelming. If they knock us around against this year I will be very disappointed. The O has the much tougher duty going against one of the best scoring defenses in the nation.

Geez I hope Wandale can go, could make the difference in the game. Think we may have won last year if JD wasn't out.  Hate that we used-up Rahmir's four games by twice throwing him in there for one freaking rep.