Your 2020 Nebraska Cornhuskers

BIG ERN

56 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Based on the level of disappointment and disgust of the program generally (active response to the cancelled fall sports).  With only a vague suggestion of spring ball, it had to be deflating for most players. 

Opponents had similar issues but we were coming off a long offseason and five years of mediocre results.  It will be a big test to fire up a team to play a ohio state bunch with championship plans.  

There is now way in hell this team wont be fired up to play football against "the ohio state".   

• Plus1 1

Yeah, I'm not worried too about motivation/engagement. I'm sure some guys let their foot off the gas when it seemed like we wouldn't play, but it sounds like most tried to stay engaged. I don't think it's a lot worse than guys coming back after the summer - some of them probably don't do exactly what they're supposed to, but Fall Camp is there to get them back up to speed. 

24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Was just about to post this video.  The first few seconds shows a good battle between Jurgens at Center and Ty Robinson at Nose Tackle.  One thing I think Jurgens struggles with is large NT's taking him on head on.  Robinson appears to be pushing Jurgens back on the play and Jurgens ends up taking Robinson down.  Not sure if that would be a holding penalty in real action.  I also noticed Garrett Nelson (and possibly Casey Rogers at DE) in the lineup at the same play, so I'm not sure if this is 1's vs. 1's, 1's vs. 2's, or a combination.

The next play shows Austin Allen battling with Bootle and Dismuke on a jump ball in the end zone.

At 1:05 in the video, it looks like the #2 or #3 o-line with Corcoran at LT, Nouili at LG, Hixson at C, and Piper at RG (can't see RT).  Juco Transfer Niko Cooper is in the play at OLB.  That dude is tall and lanky.

The last play is a pass to Brody Belt against backup defenders as I notice Marquis Black, Jimari Butler, and Nick Henrich on the field (Henrich making the tackle).

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Was just about to post this video.  The first few seconds shows a good battle between Jurgens at Center and Ty Robinson at Nose Tackle.  One thing I think Jurgens struggles with is large NT's taking him on head on.  Robinson appears to be pushing Jurgens back on the play and Jurgens ends up taking Robinson down.  Not sure if that would be a holding penalty in real action.  I also noticed Garrett Nelson in the lineup at the same play, so I'm not sure if this is 1's vs. 1's, 1's vs. 2's, or a combination.

I think it was, and also a pretty egregious hold on whoever is blocking Nelson - Benhart?

4 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I think it was, and also a pretty egregious hold on whoever is blocking Nelson - Benhart?

Possibly.  A lot of officials will allow holding onto the jersey when they are engaged inside like that.  The RT in that play is #54 - Benhart.  I think coaches will point out to Benhart to make sure to let go of the defender once he has him turned to the inside and the QB is out of the pocket.

53 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Possibly.  A lot of officials will allow holding onto the jersey when they are engaged inside like that.  The RT in that play is #54 - Benhart.  I think coaches will point out to Benhart to make sure to let go of the defender once he has him turned to the inside and the QB is out of the pocket.

Probably just noticeable with the slow mo  - it's definitely inside the frame, but at one point Nelson is between Benhart and Martinez, and can't turn to disengage. If refs see that, they're going to call holding wherever your hands are. Unless you play for Iowa or Wisconsin, because obviously they're too good to hold. They are really good, but the number of no-calls they get (not just against us) is baffling.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1