** 2020 Opponent Previews : Penn State (Game 4) **

Saunders

The problems between these two teams seem somewhat similar. Statistically, their scoring offense is quite a bit below their total offense numbers. We're even more lopsided in that department, but their red zone offense has been even worse than ours. Their third down defense has been about as bad as ours, too.

We're reversed on rush vs pass on both sides of the ball, though. Their offense has been more successful passing, ours has been more successful running. Their pass defense has been much worse than their rush D, while statistically we've been better vs passing than rushing.

On 11/9/2020 at 8:10 PM, B.B. Hemingway said:

Frost didn't want to disclose much on the QB front, but if it's McCaffrey, I sure could go for one of those "out of nowhere" performances.... Along the lines of Ganz replacing Keller. Who the hell saw that coming from Ganz?:lol:

I'll beat this dead horse...If Ganz had been here in 2009, NC hands down.....Just one year off.....

6 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Are you saying good QB play can make a palpable difference for a team?

That team was loaded on D.  Giving up less than 6 ppg IIRC.....The O was pretty ok as well..........:D  The weak link was the stick that stirred the drink.  Would a QB, playing like Ganz get us more wins this year?  Yes.  Would we be playing for the conference? No.  We still have some work to do in other areas, but it would make for a winning season.  So more palpable, yes.  As it relates to the end results. 

1 hour ago, lo country said:

Would a QB, playing like Ganz get us more wins this year?  Yes.  Would we be playing for the conference? No.  We still have some work to do in other areas, but it would make for a winning season.  So more palpable, yes.  As it relates to the end results. 

Ganz really was the freaking man.

I just still have no idea what to expect here. OSU was about what I expected, NW I expected better but wasn't surprised it played out how it did. So here the non-surprising thing would be more of the same for us, and an eventual double-digit loss. But the Penn State fans/media are as down on their teams as we are, so we can't both get the expected struggle. Right?