The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Just now, knapplc said:

It's going to get worse in this country before it gets better (per health experts) precisely because of this kind of inefficiency:

Yes...and because people that are clearly sick are going out around other people.  

The best way to help right now...is to not be around people.

Look, everyone is just now starting to figure out the seriousness of all of this.  Unfortunately, that took longer than it should have because of some public people's attitude towards it.

Fred shouldn't have coached.  But, he shouldn't be fired either.  

Is this going to be deadly for the vast majority of us?  No.  But...the issue is much more than just if we (individually) are going to die.  The longer and wider it spreads, the more people will die who are elderly or immune compromised.  For the rest of us, the longer this goes on, it will be anywhere from more inconvenient to very economically damaging.  

So.....friggen stop treating it like a joke, do what is necessary so we can get it over with and move on with life.

• Plus1 3

what   a child we have as a president.   He complains about the guy he appoints.  He sees his re-election sliding away wt the fall of stocks.

https://www.thehour.com/business/article/Trump-urged-Mnuchin-to-pressure-Fed-s-Powell-on-15124246.php#photo-19163348

- President Donald Trump, in an explosive tirade on Monday, urged Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to encourage Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell to do more to stimulate the economy, two officials familiar with the exchange said, revealing the president's mounting fury as his administration struggles to corral economic fallout from the novel coronavirus.

Trump has frequently complained about the Fed in public for at least two years, but his latest effort to pressure Mnuchin to privately push for action has not been previously reported.

During that tense Monday meeting in the Oval Office, Trump fumed that Powell never should have been appointed and is damaging the nation and his presidency.  He then told Mnuchin, who had encouraged Trump to nominate Powell in 2017, to engage with the chair and urge him to take more dramatic steps to arrest the stock market's plummet, according to three White House officials and a senior Republican. The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to reveal the exchange.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Look, everyone is just now starting to figure out the seriousness of all of this.  Unfortunately, that took longer than it should have because of some public people's attitude towards it.

Is this going to be deadly for the vast majority of us?  No.  But...the issue is much more than just if we (individually) are going to die.  The longer and wider it spreads, the more people will die who are elderly or immune compromised.  For the rest of us, the longer this goes on, it will be anywhere from more inconvenient to very economically damaging.  

So.....friggen stop treating it like a joke, do what is necessary so we can get it over with and move on with life.

Fred treated it like a joke...on a national stage.  Just like a of politicians have been...that have been being called out over and over.

If your kid was on the team and you saw that last night...you would want him canned.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

My biggest worry aside from the deaths is hospitals getting overrun. If this infects tens of millions, which is being projected, our hospitals can't handle that kind of volume. We only have 1 million beds nationwide. Not only does this create worse outcomes for COVID, it creates worse outcomes for everyone that is hospitalized. This should absolutely be taken seriously by every American.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Fred treated it like a joke...on a national stage.  Just like a of politicians have been...that have been being called out over and over.

If your kid was on the team and you saw that last night...you would want him canned.

I saw nothing that indicated he treated it like a joke.  He felt ill and went to work anyway just like very single one of us have.

And...no....if my kid was on the team, I wouldn't want him canned.  An extremely healthy college athlete is probably the least likely person to have complications from this.

Why are you trying to fake over reaction to the issues last night?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

My biggest worry aside from the deaths is hospitals getting overrun. If this infects tens of millions, which is being projected, our hospitals can't handle that kind of volume. We only have 1 million beds nationwide. Not only does this create worse outcomes for COVID, it creates worse outcomes for everyone that is hospitalized. This should absolutely be taken seriously by every American.

on the news this morning they were showing where some hospitals are setting up emergency tents outside the hospitals.   they know there will be overflow.    shortages of beds, masks, and ventilators are expected.

• Thanks 1

I had Influenza A last week. Monday morning I felt OK, felt like I just needed to ride out the day and I'd be OK to go to work Tuesday.

It flipped like a switch mid-afternoon and I was achy, chilled, felt awful.  If that's what happened to Hoiberg, I can completely empathize.

So to the people trying whip everyone into a frenzy accusing Hoiberg of... whatever, or calling for people to get fired - can you just stop?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I saw nothing that indicated he treated it like a joke.  He felt ill and went to work anyway just like very single one of us have.

And...no....if my kid was on the team, I wouldn't want him canned.  An extremely healthy college athlete is probably the least likely person to have complications from this.

Why are you trying to fake over reaction to the issues last night?

I appreciate your honesty.

1 minute ago, commando said:

on the news this morning they were showing where some hospitals are setting up emergency tents outside the hospitals.   they know there will be overflow.    shortages of beds, masks, and ventilators are expected.

Thats good they are getting prepared. Hopefully we hit the low side of the projections, that will help. Regardless though it's going to be tough to keep up with. We really need to thank our healthcare professionals now and throughout this thing because they will be working harder than anyone.

• Plus1 1