The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

That would be devastating. Hospitals don't have this kind of capacity and we are talking upwards of 1 million deaths in that scenario.

It’d be more bad news for the older population - cases will be triaged based on age and health. ICU beds and vents would go to younger people more apt to recover. These things are already being done in Italy. 

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’ve said it 1000x in this thread, I’m not downplaying it at all, it’s deadly and will kill many Americans - just want to pass on numbers from the studies I’ve read.

Not directed at you necessarily just wanted to keep that point alive and well because the misinformation is rampant. I have tickets to a music festival in New Orleans next weekend that I bought late last year and I'm just waiting on them to cancel. Others attending on social media are saying they will make the trip and gather in New Orleans even if it does cancel. The stupidity is astounding 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not directed at you necessarily just wanted to keep that point alive and well because the misinformation is rampant. I have tickets to a music festival in New Orleans next weekend that I bought late last year and I'm just waiting on them to cancel. Others attending on social media are saying they will make the trip and gather in New Orleans even if it does cancel. The stupidity is astounding 

Yep, blunting the spread is critical for keeping medical resources available, people are gonna have to make sacrifices -  which Americans suck at. 

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's nonsense like that ^^^ that make this a political topic. People will panic, they'll die, all because this government is incompetent and more worried about covering their incompetence than doing their damned job.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1