The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

28 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

But seriously who knows when you are ever being serious? 

What do you think should be done for your chitlins?

It is a post board about sports...please don't ever be "serious" unless you say "Serious topic"  For all you know, everyone on here is 14 years old and catfishing you.  You have people here that think CHAZ was amazing!  Ha

My idea...you have two options...everyone back or no one back and online learning.  That is it, period.  Pick one.

And is chitlins offense??  hahah

No but seriously...the 50/50 idea is stupid.

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

But seriously who knows when you are ever being serious? 

What do you think should be done for your chitlins?

Literally the only person I've blocked on this site. Every time I see him quoted I wonder why someone responded.

• Haha 1

So...I’m thinking that the push by the administration to force everyone back to school is going to end badly when teachers come down with COVID, die, and their families sue the school districts for not taking this seriously, not providing equipment, not holding parents accountable, and doing virtual learning in the first place...

10 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

So...I’m thinking that the push by the administration to force everyone back to school is going to end badly when teachers come down with COVID, die, and their families sue the school districts for not taking this seriously, not providing equipment, not holding parents accountable, and doing virtual learning in the first place...

Yeah, that is really something to think about.

Now, from what I know most schools are providing masks and/or shields for teachers and students.  But as all of you know, that is not really the be all end all...and kids are going to be touching each other and everything in the classroom.  

Then...any kid that is "exposed" even secondary exposure, has to get tested and/or possibly locked up for 14 days until they can come back. 

7 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Serious question; how are teachers any different than essential workers that come face to face with hundreds of people every day, and have been doing so since late March? I know that 25 kids confined in a classroom is different, but what about the Walmart/Menards/Grocery store employees that deal with 10 times that many people in a day. Is it unique to the educational realm?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

Serious question; how are teachers any different than essential workers that come face to face with hundreds of people every day, and have been doing so since late March? I know that 25 kids confined in a classroom is different, but what about the Walmart/Menards/Grocery store employees that deal with 10 times that many people in a day. Is it unique to the educational realm?

Good question...Probably not a huge difference.  Maybe the K-8 is different because those young kids are a mess!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

When you go into a big box story, a sick person probably touches less than 1% of the total surface area and is there for 1-2 hours.

A kid in a classroom spends 7 hours in a small room and throughout the day probably touches 50-60% of the room. That is a lot of overlapping contact for those 25 kids that will likely cause transmissions.

1 minute ago, deedsker said:

When you go into a big box story, a sick person probably touches less than 1% of the total surface area and is there for 1-2 hours.

A kid in a classroom spends 7 hours in a small room and throughout the day probably touches 50-60% of the room. That is a lot of overlapping contact for those 25 kids that will likely cause transmissions.

thanks! good points.