The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, GSG said:

The middle school in my wife's district is already having to send kids home. Apparently one kid was waiting on COVID test results and the parents sent them to school anyway, so now they have 60 kids/teachers at home instead 

People are idiots.

We have had an employee come to work, be there for the pre-shift meeting with everyone, then walk up to his supervisor and say, hey, just to let you know, I don't feel well so I went and got a COVID test.  :facepalm:

Luckily it was a fairly quick test result and he was negative.  But...WTF???

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

What do you mean by the words "plan" and "combat"?

Testing, tracing, masks, standards/guidance for when to close/open what, future economic relief, etc. 

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It is what it is.

What do you mean by that? We’re giving up, open everything up, and just live with it? The collective measures in Spring were for naught? Target/Walmart/CVS parking lot testing was just a stunt?

2 minutes ago, QMany said:

Testing, tracing, masks, standards/guidance for when to close/open what, future economic relief, etc. 

What do you mean by that? We’re giving up, open everything up, and just live with it? 

You need to read my answer again, only this time pretend it is DJT answering your question.

I was being sarcastic.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
40 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You need to read my answer again, only this time pretend it is DJT answering your question.

I was being sarcastic.

That's my bad; it is sad that good sarcasm can be so easily misconstrued as this Administration's shoddy policies. 

• Plus1 2

Okay, this is f#cking insane. We're in Columbus and the MIL talked us into going out for breakfast at Stack & Steak. There are absolutely no rules being followed. Place is packed, literally shoulder to shoulder and I have not seen anyone, staff or patron, wearing a mask at any point.

Asked our server about it and she didn't know anything, said it's up to each individual business. I looked up the specific DHM for Platte county Nebraska and they're supposed to be at 50% capacity and maintaining 6' distancing among other directives. I feel like I'm playing Russian roulette with 5 loaded chambers. Pray for us.