The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 hours ago, funhusker said:

The kids at our school will have 25 minutes during lunch to “socialize” with 2 assigned students.

25?! My wife's school only gives the students 15 minutes for lunch, which means she gets about 3 minutes lol 

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Was it like this

image.png.373ad40ff59325c19ffffcdd0e8e4e61.png

Yesterday:  "If there was ever a group of teachers up to this task, it's you guys!!!"

Today: "If there is something in your curriculum that works better with kids in attendance, I'd try to to fit that in as soon as possible..."

• Haha 2

i spent the last week helping get construction projects done at our local school.  talking to the teachers there it seems that they have a pool on how long school lasts before it goes to remote learning.   2-4 weeks is what they are all betting on

1 minute ago, commando said:

i spent the last week helping get construction projects done at our local school.  talking to the teachers there it seems that they have a pool on how long school lasts before it goes to remote learning.   2-4 weeks is what they are all betting on

i think the line would be at 3 or 4, and I would take the under

28 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Yesterday:  "If there was ever a group of teachers up to this task, it's you guys!!!"

Today: "If there is something in your curriculum that works better with kids in attendance, I'd try to to fit that in as soon as possible..."

Hmmm, your boss and my boss have the same "Quotes to inspire teachers" book

On 8/14/2020 at 10:59 PM, Moiraine said:

Other than the daycare issue I don't know why they can't just say to hell with the semester for grade school kids and pay the teachers to sit at home and do career advancement s#!t.

Aren't those years pretty important for development?