The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yaaay.....

3 hours ago, commando said:

those of us who are vaxxed don't have much to worry about.   it's the anti-vax crowd who will pay the highest price

*Herman Cain Award Reddit Group Moderator*

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

*Herman Cain Award Reddit Group Moderator*

ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

Right now both the maskers and anti-maskers are f#&%ing pumped for this!

Maskers are ready for the "Ha...well that is what they get!" when someone dies

Anti-maskers are like "Big deal, I have had BA.2 like 5 times and I think I even had it back in April of 2013 and it was just like the common cold"

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

Same article is linked below since the NYT is behind a paywall.  In short two shots are good, three are better, a fourth may not be necessary at least until fall and maybe beyond.  T and b cells are extremely durable and have shown to be effective on the original SARs up to 17 years later.  Antibodies wane relatively quickly for almost all viruses.  This is why you may get infected with Covid but only show mild symptoms.  

https://news.yahoo.com/got-covid-booster-probably-wont-185602513.html

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Same article is linked below since the NYT is behind a paywall.  In short two shots are good, three are better, a fourth may not be necessary at least until fall and maybe beyond.  A and b cells are extremely durable and have shown to be effective on the original SARs up to 17 years later.  Antibodies wane relatively quickly for almost all viruses.  This is why you may get infected with Covid but only show mild symptoms.  

https://news.yahoo.com/got-covid-booster-probably-wont-185602513.html

We'll end up getting a Covid booster every Fall with our flu shot. Hopefully pretty soon this becomes another cold/flu and we can get back to normal lives.

• Plus1 1