The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

That would be why the reporting is down now too.  That and a little thing called WWIII.  It's not because it's an election year.

Deaths have also declined four or five times since March of 2020.  Will this be the last wave?  And if it isn't, will the media report on the next wave, election year or not?  Wasn't there a take rolled out by a former president that as soon as the election was over media coverage of Covid would just stop?  That was a hell of a prediction.

Why are you talking to me about an election year?  You seem to be arguing with yourself.  You said..isn’t it great 1900+ people are still dying.   I said…no, but it’s nice to see the number decline.   I said nothing about an election or that it’s great people are still dying…like someone said.  

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Considering the election was a full two damn years ago, and we just had a massive wave of a new variant come through and shut things back down again, even with vaccines, I'd say the prediction was about as far off base and stupid as can be. Pull you're head out man. Trump isn't a victim, boo hoo.

5 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Considering the election was a full two damn years ago, and we just had a massive wave of a new variant come through and shut things back down again, even with vaccines, I'd say the prediction was about as far off base and stupid as can be. Pull you're head out man. Trump isn't a victim, boo hoo.

Exactly.  Like I said, well other than the "pull your head out"  thing

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Wait, so you think reporting should be up on covid or down?

I mean, if things are going great with Covid shouldn't that be newsworthy?  

I'm saying it's not a media conspiracy during an election year that COVID has taken a back seat to WWIII.   COVID is still in the news.  Are you saying that while Ukraine is being invaded by a megalomaniac hell bent on destroying whatever he can that COVID should be in the headlines?  

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Why are you talking to me about an election year?  You seem to be arguing with yourself.  You said..isn’t it great 1900+ people are still dying.   I said…no, but it’s nice to see the number decline.   I said nothing about an election or that it’s great people are still dying…like someone said.  

See the post I replied to.  

Did I say you thought it was great people were still dying?  

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I'm saying it's not a media conspiracy during an election year that COVID has taken a back seat to WWIII.   COVID is still in the news.  Are you saying that while Ukraine is being invaded by a megalomaniac hell bent on destroying whatever he can that COVID should be in the headlines?  

Yes.  It should be.  Bad things should not go away because other bad things happen.

You agree with that too.

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 3/8/2022 at 6:35 AM, BigRedBuster said:

f#&%ing stupid. 

Three of my friends have lived in the D.C. area before moving to Lincoln. We were talking about this "protest" yesterday and they got a big laugh out of protesting by creating traffic on the beltway.

Those of us who have never experienced beltway traffic were OOTL, but it was fun watching them enjoy the joke.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Three of my friends have lived in the D.C. area before moving to Lincoln. We were talking about this "protest" yesterday and they got a big laugh out of protesting by creating traffic on the beltway.

Those of us who have never experienced beltway traffic were OOTL, but it was fun watching them enjoy the joke.

Next thing ya know they’ll clog the bridge into Georgetown at evening rush hour. :lol:

For reference, 30 years ago it took me about an hour to cross that short bridge. I don’t think a couple hundred vehicles on the beltway would be noticeable unless they were 4 wide and completely stopped.