The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Sorry if this was posted already - this thread changes faster that Trump can tell a lie

https://www.the-sun.com/news/823423/white-house-buried-cdc-against-summer-vacation/

THE WHITE HOUSE "buried" a Centers of Disease Control plan warning against any summer vacation travel to avoid a second wave of coronavirus, according to a report released on Wednesday.

In the CDC guidelines, which were uncovered by the Associated Press, officials recommend that non-essential travel will only be "considered" in Phase Three of the country's reopening.

However, in the White House "Opening Up America Again" plan released last month, it states that non-essential travel can resume in Phase Two.

On page 12 of the 68-page CD document, the agency outlines the travel recommendations for the United States as per the individual reopening phases.

It is recommended that domestic travel is avoided for the first two phases, and only insists that "non-essential travel may be considered within and between low, controlled transmission jurisdictions" in phase three.

It also states: "Avoid non-essential travel to moderate, controlled or significant, uncontrolled transmission jurisdictions to protect those in low, controlled transmission jurisdictions."

With regards to international travel in the final phase, the CDC recommends that it "may be considered following CDC international travel guidance."

Last week it emerged that officials at the White House buried a CDC report on lifting the coronavirus lockdown, leaked emails show.

The trove of messages revealed how the work of public health experts was quashed with little explanation.

The files also show that after the AP reported Thursday that the document had been buried, the Trump administration ordered key parts of it to be fast-tracked for approval.

Yeah...schools are f#&%ed for a bit.

No one knows what to do yet.  Some are saying open but with masks...but how the heck do you keep masks on little kids all day?

Then you have the "freedoms police" that will refuse to wear them and the SC already said that kids have rights (sadly)

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...schools are f#&%ed for a bit.

No one knows what to do yet.  Some are saying open but with masks...but how the heck do you keep masks on little kids all day?

Then you have the "freedoms police" that will refuse to wear them and the SC already said that kids have rights (sadly)

What are they even talking about though? Aren't schools done in like... 3 weeks? WTF would they change the routine back again? Just finish out the year at home.

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....would like your input on something.

We have implemented the procedure of every employee has their temperature taken when they show up for work. I finally got the thermometers that I ordered about a month ago.

So....it started on Monday.  Today, we have an employee who says that "if you try taking my temperature again tomorrow, I'm going home."

So....what do you do as an employer?

tell them you accept their resignation and wish them good luck finding a new job.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

But why obsess over that now? Maybe see how things are going in July, then decide for August.

Don't know...I am not...no matter what they decide I am fine.

This is the "freak out brigade" that is obsessing over it now.  

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Those people obsessing over over-reporting of Covid deaths should maybe refocus their energy to something like this.

Of course, they probably won't - at least, not until one of their own family is affected.

It is absolutely amazing that Jared has so much power in our government. 

• Plus1 3

41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Those people obsessing over over-reporting of Covid deaths should maybe refocus their energy to something like this.

Of course, they probably won't - at least, not until one of their own family is affected.

So Jared thinks ordering ventilators will spook the market but people dying won't? 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

So Jared thinks ordering ventilators will spook the market but people dying won't? 

Ha...

No kidding!  This would be like starting a war but not building planes and tanks because you don't want "the people" to worry.

• Plus1 3

You know, the worst part of this whole ordeal hasn't been quarantine, wearing masks, the alligator skin from washing your hands so often or constant use of hand sanitizer, businesses being closed, product shortages or any of those things that have caused us all so much inconvenience. The worst part is that people have found/created multiple ways to become polarized and partisan along some made up and ridiculous political lines.....over a frikken virus.....that obviously exists and is obviously dangerous. I heard on the radio this morning that it is actually a thing- if you wear a mask you are a liberal and if you don't that means you are a conservative. :facepalm: WTAF is this country going to be like in the future? People at the extremes of both sides have lost their f#cking minds. Where are the normal/average/sensible people and why does there appear to be so few of them. The big C doesn't stand for cancer or Covid or coronavirus, but rather clusterf#cked country.

• Plus1 6
19 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Well you can handle it how you want to but I know what I would and am planning on doing when I finally receive my infrared thermometers. They can either comply with the new temporary requirement of working here, or they will be shown the door and they can go find another job. It’s really that simple unless you’re dealing with unions or some such thing. I see no reason to d!(k around with unexcused absences or suspensions. Do what is required or hit the road. Simple.

An update on this.  The guy allowed his temperature to be taken this morning and he's here working.  I think he must have got to thinking about it and realizing we weren't going to back down.

He chose wisely.  

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1