The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

@GBRFAN just so you don't think I'm trying to run away from the topic I wanted to respond to your post. As it goes for Australia and US, there is a difference between taking risks and being stupid. I can't argue that we have Australia beat in the latter department. You can say this isn't even 5x the flu but the numbers would not support that argument. The numbers also don't support your argument that cases and deaths are in decline. That is patently false. Sure deaths are down from April, but they are up from June, and cases are up overall. Deaths seem to be following along but that data tends to lag. There is nothinb pointing towards a decline at this moment in time. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

@GBRFAN just so you don't think I'm trying to run away from the topic I wanted to respond to your post. As it goes for Australia and US, there is a difference between taking risks and being stupid. I can't argue that we have Australia beat in the latter department. You can say this isn't even 5x the flu but the numbers would not support that argument. The numbers also don't support your argument that cases and deaths are in decline. That is patently false. Sure deaths are down from April, but they are up from June, and cases are up overall. Deaths seem to be following along but that data tends to lag. There is nothinb pointing towards a decline at this moment in time. 

US daily deaths:

U.S.-Daily-Deaths-7.28.2020-450x245.jpg

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

US daily deaths:

U.S.-Daily-Deaths-7.28.2020-450x245.jpg

Whats disturbing to me is the growth we are seeing in certain states. It hasn't put us to April levels yet but I fear that if multiple states are experiencing this we could get back there. Florida just keeps creeping up. Its 70 deaths for about a week then its 140 deaths for a few days now today they've had 186. Thats the whole SE right now 

3 hours ago, TGHusker said:

No body likes me  :cry

Anybody with an ounce of introspect (which any good leader should have) would say "Gee, nobody likes me. It could only be my personality. Maybe I should change that!"

• Plus1 1

Quoted from the football forum in case this doesn't get moved.

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So I understand it is hard to remove politics and everyone wants to blame the U.S. president for everything. Trump can't do anything right per liberals and Obama couldn't do anything right per conservatives. Biden- well everyone agrees he is an idiot. So knowing that bias exists- try to take a level head to this. Fauci was the infectious disease expert who led the task force. I think some like to blame Trump for the U.S. not wearing masks from the get go. But Fauci was the guy who said masks were useless in the beginning. That was Trump's top advisor telling the public that- so I am sure he was telling him the same thing in private. 

SO- if China and Japan and all these other countries have been using masks for the commoncold and  flu etc for years and had success. How did Fauci not know that? Shouldn't he have known about that data and said Masks Masks and more Masks from day 1? Trump is a business man. Fauci is the expert in his field. I blame the guy who has been studying viruses his whole life. Sure he tried to change course a few weeks ago and say ok everyone do masks. 

But he helped shape people's opinions by disregarding masks from the beginning. If he came out and said we gotta wear masks folks and the message was coming from an expert and he was confident in the results of wearing masks from the beginning you wouldnt see such resistance now. The problem is he has changed his recommendations so much- people doubt he knows what the f#&% he is talking about. Maybe he doesn't if he advised against masks but the rest of the world has been doing masks for years.

Fauci told you to wear a mask on April 3rd. If all you Trump worshipers had listened to him, we'd have this virus under control and we'd have football.

Instead, you listened to the bloated cheeto in the White House and ignored all Fauci's advice. Your boy Trump FINALLY decided in July - after he was told his constituents in Red states were dying in huge numbers from C19 - to wear a mask. And he doesn't even do it all the time, just for photo ops. He's still pushing the malaria drug that has never shown any benefit and to deflect blame on China for all of his failures, and his followers continue to do it right here on HuskerBoard. It's clear who people follow on this board.

Those of you STILL complaining about Fauci instead of the guy in charge can pat yourself on the back that we've had 140,000 deaths and counting, and we may not have college football.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Somebody please explain why anyone should listen to Fauci.  Exactly what - besides being a govt bureaucrat for about 50 years - has he ever done in the past to be “the answer mam”?   I don’t recall him ever finding a cure, inventing a vaccine, hell - he probably hasnt treated a patient himself in decades - etc. AIDS mess was a total cluster - he failed to act on that which was a very deadly illness by comparison.

I blame Trump for listening to the wrong “experts”.  He still is.   

By all means, tell us who is the more-qualified expert in these fields.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

By all means, tell us who is the more-qualified expert in these fields.

Johns Hopkins, Stanford, UNMC, Harvard, Yale, etc etc etc etc.  

Ten thousand MDs across the country that are actually seeing patients.   There are similar orgs (NGOs) around the world.  
FEMA, CDC, NIH - just govt orgs that regulate - they dont produce anything.  

• Plus1 1

Just now, 84HuskerLaw said:

Johns Hopkins, Stanford, UNMC, Harvard, Yale, etc etc etc etc.  

Ten thousand MDs across the country that are actually seeing patients.   There are similar orgs (NGOs) around the world.  
FEMA, CDC, NIH - just govt orgs that regulate - they dont produce anything.  

Wrong. None have Fauci's qualifications.

If your bloated orange god wasn't telling you to hate Fauci, you wouldn't hate Fauci.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wrong. None have Fauci's qualifications.

If your bloated orange god wasn't telling you to hate Fauci, you wouldn't hate Fauci.

What has the Great Fauci done?   Give me a couple examples of things he has done right so far in 50 years of public service?

Lots of DRs in all those places with better creds than Fauci.   

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

What has the Great Fauci done?   Give me a couple examples of things he has done right so far in 50 years of public service?

You mean aside from being recognized by all the folks at Johns Hopkins, Stanford, UNMC, Harvard, Yale & every other expert in epidemiology as the nation's foremost expert? Like, every joint you listed looks to him for guidance.

So, aside from that? Aside from being credited with developing novel treatments and outright cures for diseases that had stumped experts for decades?

Aside from that?

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Prove any of what I said is wrong! I will give you 3 talking points. Or do you prefer to just trash the post because you cant argue with it? 

1. Did Fauci in the beginning say Masks will not help? 

2. Has China and other countries been wearing masks while sick for years? 

3. If the countries who wear masks have better flu sickness and death numbers- should Fauci have known that data being an expert in his field? 

I will save you time. The answer is yes to all 3. So please let me know what is wrong. 

Go Huskers and I hope our conversation about masks convinces people to wear masks so we can have a season. There is your football reference. I like how anything the other side cant argue against needs to go to P&R. But when they have something to say they take time to chime in. 

Now you're just being obtuse. I answered all of this HERE 20 minutes ago.

7 hours ago, knapplc said:

Quoted from the football forum in case this doesn't get moved.

Fauci told you to wear a mask on April 3rd. If all you Trump worshipers had listened to him, we'd have this virus under control and we'd have football.

Instead, you listened to the bloated cheeto in the White House and ignored all Fauci's advice. Your boy Trump FINALLY decided in July - after he was told his constituents in Red states were dying in huge numbers from C19 - to wear a mask. And he doesn't even do it all the time, just for photo ops. He's still pushing the malaria drug that has never shown any benefit and to deflect blame on China for all of his failures, and his followers continue to do it right here on HuskerBoard. It's clear who people follow on this board.

Those of you STILL complaining about Fauci instead of the guy in charge can pat yourself on the back that we've had 140,000 deaths and counting, and we may not have college football.

:clap

and....I don’t ever remember Fauci saying don’t wear a mask because it wasn’t effective. If I’m wrong, show me the quote. I remember them saying the general public shouldn’t be rushing out to buy masks because the front line healthcare workers needed them. 

How the hell do people get the idea that the experts think masks don’t work when all the healthcare workers were scrambling for them?

Also.....if Trump supporters think Fauci said that and it was wrong.....are they all now wearing masks????

• Plus1 1