The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This and future pandemics will probably give birth to different kinds of restaurants/services. E.g. more restaurants that are efficient for take out/delivery.

For sure.  If a bar/restaurant can add in delivery or a drive through or pick up window...they will do it.

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

For sure.  If a bar/restaurant can add in delivery or a drive through or pick up window...they will do it.

We’ll also see more restaurants popping up like those mini pizza huts that don’t have seating. And I wonder if alcohol delivery might be permanent. Although the places I like to order from don’t deliver it yet. I’ve ordered from Tap House a couple times and they don’t deliver it yet which is funny given the name. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We’ll also see more restaurants popping up like those mini pizza huts that don’t have seating. And I wonder if alcohol delivery might be permanent. Although the places I like to order from don’t deliver it yet. I’ve ordered from Tap House a couple times and they don’t deliver it yet which is funny given the name. 

Tap House is great...The brown sugar bacon burger is amazing.  I would risk Covid for it!!

I think @JJ Husker is one of the best of us here at HuskerBoard. We disagree on a few things politically, true, but I'll say this - if you think JJ is spouting off "liberal" BS, you absoLUTEly need to stop listening to whatever nonsense sources you're listening to.

JJ is conservative through and through. The best kind. The good kind, that we need to keep a steady hand through whatever we do here in America over the next few years.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
On 7/25/2020 at 8:38 AM, teachercd said:

I am on the dudes side.  But he is the literal face of masks.  He is either loved or hated by people.  Just a bad image and the poor dude even had to comment about the picture.  Then is spread to twitter bashing.  

Anyone been to places that are now requiring masks?  I have been to a few, and I would say like 90% are masked.  

I’m in North Carolina right now and it’s a state mandate. Restaurants won’t even let you enter without them. You take them off once at the table.....most of the time outside. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Again, America lags behind other nations.

They get sports. We won't because people are too proud or too stupid to wear a mask.

I guess I don't get it.  If they were in the "bubble" with the same people and have been for like what, 20-30 days?  How are they getting it?

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Again, America lags behind other nations.

They get sports. We won't because people are too proud or too stupid to wear a mask.

There are plenty of other areas where the American public might be "too proud or stupid."  Sadly, knapplc seems to enter every thread and convo with his mask fetish.

There are solutions and doctors have been undergoing great censorship as they try to serve Covid patients  ... something that is mind boggling.  So, I won't pin losing football to the reality that some folks don't wear masks.

FYI, there are 56,000,000,000 abortions worldwide every year.  Would all these babies be living if everyone just used a condom?