The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's been four months since this video. Surely we would have gobs of empirical evidence showing this to be true or not true by now. Has this guy updated his findings?

I don't know; his channel only has that one video. I've read through some of the comments - but what are those really worth? He made a comment in his video description asking for feedback from doctors & nurses.

His thesis does make sense: If you're hypoxic, a ventilator may do more harm than good.

This could be a total troll comment, but I thought this one was interesting:

"Thank you, doctor. I’m a recently retired PhD veteran of respiratory research out of pharma & biotech. I’m so relieved someone with credibility has finally called it correctly. I have friends in Italy I’ve known for decades through the medical/ research community. They’ve told me EXACTLY what you’ve found. Further, in some Italian case series, 97% died on ventilators. A similar case series given high oxygen CPAP often survived. Now imagine hundreds of elderly people, ill & having a positive covid19 PCR test, being put on transport ventilators attended by physicians inexperienced in ITU. I would not expect many to survive, but this is our “surge capacity” we’ve set up in UK."

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

There are still going to be many cases where the options are: vent or death; and sometimes the vent is just prolonging the inevitable. 

This makes a lot of sense, thanks FHS.

5 hours ago, commando said:

k.....any doctors here to comment on this?  this guy wants his sister taken off the ventilator because he thinks it is killing her.   says it's not corona that is killing her but the ventilator.  

Not a Dr. but stayed at a Hampton Inn last night, so I’m qualified to say this guy is an idiot. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, knapplc said:

But if we stop the testing, we will be under South Korea's total and we'll be free of covid  - no testing= no covid.  It will all just magically disappear as Trump said it would in Feb. 

Trump's only strategy is to:  TALK REAL LOUD, REPEATING LIES SO OFTEN THAT WE CANNOT HEAR THE MULTIPLE BUGLE SOUNDS IN THE DISTANCE.   But we all know better. He can take the measuring from the CDC hands, quiet the voices of experts, but we all know.  

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

But if we stop the testing, we will be under South Korea's total and we'll be free of covid  - no testing= no covid.  It will all just magically disappear as Trump said it would in Feb. 

Trump's only strategy is to:  TALK REAL LOUD, REPEATING LIES SO OFTEN THAT WE CANNOT HEAR THE MULTIPLE BUGLE SOUNDS IN THE DISTANCE.   But we all know better. He can take the measuring from the CDC hands, quiet the voices of experts, but we all know.  

"Today the US had zero new covid cases, and 958 covid deaths"

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is going to be one hell of a s#!t show.

Dr Trump knows best. He is smarter than all of the experts. In fact he is the expert on experts. Trump is a very stable genius. The virus will magically disappear and run away when he speaks

6 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Dr Trump knows best. He is smarter than all of the experts. In fact he is the expert on experts. Trump is a very stable genius. The virus will magically disappear and run away when he speaks

I would love the line of questioning to be:

Reporter:  Where are all the scientists?

Trump:  All information will go through me.

Reporter:  But, the vast majority of Americans don't believe what you say?

• Plus1 2
39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would love the line of questioning to be:

Reporter:  Where are all the scientists?

Trump:  All information will go through me.

Reporter:  But, the vast majority of Americans don't believe what you say?

Trump:  FAKE NEWS

I'll make a  medium-term prediction on the C19 situation, but I'll preface it by saying that part of this could get blown out depending on who wins on November 4.

When the vaccine is rolled out, it won't be mandatory in the U.S. at first. During roll out, shedding will occur from the vaccine and positive case counts will see a big spike. You can do your own research on vaccine shedding, but in a nutshell it's when a recently-vaccinated person becomes contagious with the illness itself as your body attempts to build immunity to the pathogen.

Unvaccinated people will be blamed for this spike, even though the spike itself will have occurred due to shedding of the first big wave of vaccinated people.

The right lobbyists will say the right things to our elected stooges, and a vaccine will eventually be mandated.

I'm not saying this is good or bad - it's just a prediction and I'm writing this post for discussion and to kill time.   :cheers

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

I'll make a  medium-term prediction on the C19 situation, but I'll preface it by saying that part of this could get blown out depending on who wins on November 4.

When the vaccine is rolled out, it won't be mandatory in the U.S. at first. During roll out, shedding will occur from the vaccine and positive case counts will see a big spike. You can do your own research on vaccine shedding, but in a nutshell it's when a recently-vaccinated person becomes contagious with the illness itself as your body attempts to build immunity to the pathogen.

Unvaccinated people will be blamed for this spike, even though the spike itself will have occurred due to shedding of the first big wave of vaccinated people.

The right lobbyists will say the right things to our elected stooges, and a vaccine will eventually be mandated.

I'm not saying this is good or bad - it's just a prediction and I'm writing this post for discussion and to kill time.   :cheers

Vaccine shedding is very rare because the pathogen in the vaccine is dead.  This is a common myth spread by antivaxers.  

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1