The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It’s made quite often when comparing life expectancy rates across countries because mortality rates are counted differently across countries.  It is one of several things that affects the life expectancy number of a country which makes it difficult to compare life expectancy rates.  Yet people use those flawed numbers to say what country has the best healthcare.  Same thing with Covid.  Country X has 10% less Covid deaths per million so they are doing way better in Covid response than Country Y.  Yet Country X doesn’t count people who died at home and never clinically diagnosed with Covid postmortem as an example.   

In the end, it doesn’t matter much because the same amount of people have died however it’s counted which is why it’s dumb to compare the numbers across countries just to dunk on some place. 

No data set is perfect. It's good to understand the difference, but don't get stuck in paralysis by analysis.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Should be getting vaccinated over the next  2 weeks. Feels like the beginning of the end. Even the people I work with who are nervous about the vaccine, are excited for the change a vaccine will bring. Seems like the longest 9 months of all our careers. 

Man, this vaccine seems a bit nuts so far, people fainting and going into a coma (maybe that was just one, but still.

I can get it through school (Shocked they are not charging me for it) and they will do it on Fridays (since they know we will all get sick) 4 weeks apart.  

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man, this vaccine seems a bit nuts so far, people fainting and going into a coma (maybe that was just one, but still.

I can get it through school (Shocked they are not charging me for it) and they will do it on Fridays (since they know we will all get sick) 4 weeks apart.  

Same thing happens with flu vaccines. It's just. more people have their eyes on this one. Definitely wanna have an epi-pen available if you have severe allergic reactions. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Same thing happens with flu vaccines. It's just. more people have their eyes on this one. Definitely wanna have an epi-pen available if you have severe allergic reactions. 

Sounds like you are saying Covid is the same as the flu?!?!?  (sits back to wait for 18 pages of crazy responses)

Yeah, you are right but still...I hope I can get it in my butt not my shoulder :)

11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I mean to be fair he was speaking about the entire country. Texas, Cali, NY, Florida and the US as a whole have all had cases and hospitalizations grow since he said that. 

Every geographic region is presented, and unrolled, if you dig deeper into the thread

• Plus1 1

32 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Every geographic region is presented, and unrolled, if you dig deeper into the thread

I just unrolled it, couldn't find it. He uses the national ED visit #'s which fit his narrative. Cases and hospitalizations hit their all time highs today in the US. So I really don't see how him cherry picking one region of the country proves his point, when as a whole Fauci was right. 

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I just unrolled it, couldn't find it. He uses the national ED visit #'s which fit his narrative. Cases and hospitalizations hit their all time highs today in the US. So I really don't see how him cherry picking one region of the country proves his point, when as a whole Fauci was right. 

Sorry. It was a tweet within the linked tweet. This is what I referred to

• Plus1 1