The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

16 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ok. I will wait for your Texas numbers that dispute what was posted since you are so up in arms about it.  

lol.    i asked you to give a more credible source.    your inability to provide a more credible source other than a tabloid says plenty

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Why else would you be disputing the numbers?  

i am not disputing your claim...i am asking for a more credible source...but you are fighting tooth and nail to not do that.  now you have claimed i was trying to tell texas what to do (well...besides to f#&% iff...but let's leave that in the football forum) and that i am somehow disputing your claim.    but a source that claims a woman got pregnant in her mouth with baby squids after eating calimari (spelling?) is a good enough source for you i guess.   it lacks credibility for me.   

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, commando said:

i am not disputing your claim...i am asking for a more credible source...but you are fighting tooth and nail to not do that.  now you have claimed i was trying to tell texas what to do (well...besides to f#&% iff...but let's leave that in the football forum) and that i am somehow disputing your claim.    but a source that claims a woman got pregnant in her mouth with baby squids after eating calimari (spelling?) is a good enough source for you i guess.   it lacks credibility for me.   

Well, I know where they are getting their Covid numbers as they match up with a highly respectable source.  If you want to verify then go ahead.  Enjoy researching something and learning a few things along the way. 

• Plus1 3

Long thread on the botched pandemic response.  Worth the read because as stated within, there will be another pandemic.  

And before anyone goes all "CNN fake news" the analysis is coming straight from the mouths of those who were in the situation room, day after day.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Got my first shot of Pfizer on Saturday. Yesterday felt exactly like having Covid again. Weak, tired, SUPER thirsty, tingling in fingers, the whole thing.  Slept like a stone last night, and other than feeling exhausted today, I'm thinking I'm over it.

They said our first shot would be different than most people because we have recently had Covid. I hope round two is lighter than this. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

https://apple.news/AdOc6jxowRGyRGBXvhSxrog

In a study of about 4,000 health-care personnel, police, firefighters and other essential workers, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that the vaccines reduced the risk of infection by 80 percent after one shot. Protection increased to 90 percent following the second dose.

The timeframe of this Phase IV open label study would cover some mutations with Florida being included.  FL was already having the UK strain as the predominant strain I believe as of a few weeks ago.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Got my first shot of Pfizer on Saturday. Yesterday felt exactly like having Covid again. Weak, tired, SUPER thirsty, tingling in fingers, the whole thing.  Slept like a stone last night, and other than feeling exhausted today, I'm thinking I'm over it.

They said our first shot would be different than most people because we have recently had Covid. I hope round two is lighter than this. 

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if you had a different strain when you actually caught it, and now you are getting immunized for the more common strain(s).

Has your sense of taste and smell come back yet?