The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

That's awful... Is it completely gone or do you have a little?

Taste is kinda hit & miss. I can really taste sweet & salt, but not much savory. Smell is almost completely gone, but I'll get little whiffs and hints of things.

Cooking is fun. I have to call someone in to taste or smell things to be sure it's not jacked up. So far so good - I've had no complaints about dinner.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Taste is kinda hit & miss. I can really taste sweet & salt, but not much savory. Smell is almost completely gone, but I'll get little whiffs and hints of things.

Cooking is fun. I have to call someone in to taste or smell things to be sure it's not jacked up. So far so good - I've had no complaints about dinner.

This you?

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

"The Biden administration is working on a vaccine-passport program that would allow people to prove they have received a coronavirus vaccination before entering venues that have been closed during the pandemic, such as offices or movie theatres, The Washington Post and CNN reported."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-administration-developing-national-coronavirus-132820782.html

Cue the crazies saying this is sign of the beast in... 3... 2...

• Haha 2
Just now, funhusker said:

I was going to make that joke when I first saw it.  Then I realized that maybe I don't post enough here and people might actually think I was serious!

Shouldn't the Gubernmint be able to use a scanner on my arm to read the microchip implanted in my arm?  That way I can get into the movie theater or restaurant!

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, SECHusker said:

"The Biden administration is working on a vaccine-passport program that would allow people to prove they have received a coronavirus vaccination before entering venues that have been closed during the pandemic, such as offices or movie theatres, The Washington Post and CNN reported."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-administration-developing-national-coronavirus-132820782.html

Somebody please explain to me why vaccine passports are good, but voter IDs are terrible?  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, NUance said:

Somebody please explain to me why vaccine passports are good, but voter IDs are terrible?  

Pretty sure you're not looking for a real answer but the fact of the matter is:

One is a tool to help stem the spread of a virus that has killed 550,000 Americans and nearly 3,000,000 worldwide and counting. Fact.

The other is addressing the red herring of voter fraud.  It is a solution is search of a problem.  Even more it is inherently racist and harkens back to the days of the Jim Crow laws. Fact.

I say combine the two.  You must present your vaccine passport to vote.  How's that?

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
50 minutes ago, NUance said:

I mean one could argue a pandemic is an actual problem and in person voter fraud isn't? And I say this as someone that isn't thrilled with the idea of a vaccine passport - I'd assume it would be up to the individual business if they wanted to partake.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
58 minutes ago, NUance said:

Well one is a constitutional right, and the other is a protective measure for the population. But voter IDs are fine with me so long as they are free and easy for citizens to get.

• Plus1 4

https://www.vote.org/voter-id-laws/

Probably the wrong thread but since it was brought up here the whole notion that people are voting without have been checked out is silly.  Most states require an id at the polls.  All, unless I missed it, require i.d. to register.  Those states that don't require i.d. at the polls usually don't require I.d. only for those who have voted in that state before.